[BSD-RP] Soul Society: Rukongai

Elk

970c149247cd2c98c0f72ff4751fd56a.png

c9c3c8326443a034b39a9cda390d7c3b.png

b35df29f58c27c96f012aa7238fc3970.png

“What was that about keeping money from the family, Risa?”

A voice that was unfamiliar spoke out causing Risa’s face to turn ghost white. Who? Who could scare her sister in such a way? Her head and body twisted to see who it was, yet once she had turned she had to take a jump back, putting some distance away from herself and the unknown woman who had towered over her by a good four inches. Her eyes narrowed as she began to examin the woman, her face was so familiar, far too familiar, it was the golden eyes and her golden hair that was throwing her off. Furia had laughed a bit before sensing began to take its place, two signatures were inside the woman, one that was her own, and the other Shōri.

“You’re the other half… Aren’t you? What have you done to make our sister so scared?”

It was all she would say as her hand hovered over her own zanpakutō, she was weary of her sister’s other half, as they never really interacted, and she wasn’t too sure how she was like. All she knew was that this was Shōri’s Namanari (生成 "Half-Demon").

“You learn a lot in second division, even more so about Family secrets… Though you you’re a secret that even I couldn’t find. Who are you?”

For all her life Shōri and Elk never revealed Signy nor anyone with Namanari, and she had to wonder why? was it because Furia hadn’t developed till the Academy? It was odd question she thought she should ask this person who had taken possession of her sister’s body.

“let me take control!”
“No”

b35df29f58c27c96f012aa7238fc3970.png

TakashiKiyoshi

TakaBlank.png

9883f2ce7bad13c5ecf4020f4c7c2dee.png

Name_Tag_Takashi_copy.png

Thoughtful about where Junko is going, Takashi stands looking at the direction she is heading. His thoughts are interrupted due to an incoming call and Takashi lifts up his denreishinki X. The person trying to reach him is none other than his younger sister Michi Kiyoshi and he immediately understands that it is probably because of the jewel she has lost. With a sigh, Takashi answers the call and places his mobile phone to his ear, and before he has time to say anything, he hears Michi's voice.

“Takashi..may I ask have you picked the purple Jewel? that Jibun San gave to me?”

He moves his free hand to his pocket to feel for the jewel and he feels it between his two fingers before answering his sister.

”Yes, I have it with me here and Michi you have to be more careful with..."

Before Takashi even has time to speak clearly, he is interrupted by Michi, who quickly says.

“Sorry, I have to go Speak to you later .”

All he hears is how she puts down her denreishinki X but forgets to hang up so Takashi takes a deep sigh and moves his own denreishinki X from the ear and hangs up. While holding it in his hand, it vibrates and he receives a message.

'' All available members of division 6! You are needed immediately at Shinōreijutsuin. There is a situation down at the Academy. A smoke-like substance has been released by two members of the Twelfth Division. Please hurry! ''

Takashi's eyes open wide as he reads the message and he looks at those from the 6th division who accompanied him who all received the same message. Shortly afterwards, his gaze shifts to the direction Junko is heading, and without a thought, he uses Hohō and heads away.

Shunpo_-1.png

Travelling from Rukongai to Southeast

Meko

045cf7b2fd2688eae6c614fa915e860d.png

a3fad5a3114fd102065389ea687f5bb7.png
69fc43681e734b81fd851ce55f5387fe.png

She had succeeded in garnering the notice of the giant. Standing next to her even as he sat, it was like being bathed in the shadow of a mountain. Fuyuko bows to her Captain, rendering her respect to the Commander before moving to take a seat beside him. She ignores the screens telegraphing the fights, she wasn’t here for the games. The two had worked together for years, decades, centuries. From her manner of approach, her tone of voice, the look on her face, in her eyes, the Commander could tell Fuyuko was here on business.

”I-I honestly don't know where to even start in all honesty. However I will just begin because it's my duty to keep you apprised of anything’ going on.”

She pauses, taking a deep breath, releasing it in a heavy sigh. And so, she begins her report.

”I was visited today by someone from the Thirteenth Division…a woman who, now that I think about it…I don’t recall truly getting her name. Still that’s besides the point, what is important is what she had to say.”

Fuyuko takes a moment, her eyes looking up to the Commander, before subtly glancing around them, watching as those who surround them at a distance jeer, scream and holler out. It seemed everyone’s focus was currently elsewhere for now…good. She didn’t want this needlessly getting out before they had obtained any more information.

”According to her, Lieutenant Toshiyuki along with a team led by himself in Karakura Town…they’re all dead. We currently have no real leads. The woman believes that young Saiko, you remember that girl who was with Katsuo during that incident? Well the red head believes Saiko may potentially know something given the girl’s loyalty to the late Lieutenant. Apparently she was spotted coming from Naruki City but, they haven’t been able to extrapolate much given their…method of approach. That’s been handled though.”

When she speaks, she does so in a lowered tone, quiet enough not to draw anyone’s attention to herself, yet loud enough for the sitting titan to still hear her words clearly. She briefly touches upon the matter of Saiko, not bothering to go into the details of the discrepancy in the woman’s approach, simply informing the Commander the situation was handled regarding that, leaving it at that. She continues on with her report.

”As Saiko was seen coming from Naruki City, our former stomping grounds, she wanted to…”speak” with Shizuka, though it seemed more like she intended to interrogate him for some reason. That too has been handled. I’ve advised her to continue investigating the scene in Karakura Town where Katsuo and those with him were last monitored to be alive, and to report any findings to me.”

The Head Lieutenant takes a moment for Higen to mull over and digest her words. Shizuka was close to not only herself, but Higen as well, for it is Higen who entrusted him with the position of Lieutenant. Fuyuko continues on, her next piece of news further hitting close to home for the two of them.

”Not even ten seconds after the meeting with the red headed woman I received a call from Izanagi. Curious as he and I have not spoken for a century, when I accepted the call I found my ears bombarded with words and his voice. Originally I was annoyed but he sounded somewhat…distressed perhaps? Anyways, he is in Naruki city, he said something about a strong Arranacr and requested the release of the Gentei Reiin (限定霊印, Soul-Limiting Symbol)....and the stop to the Kenpachi games.”

She pauses before saying the last part, eyes shooting up to the Commander once more. She can imagine his thoughts and feelings towards such an absurd request.

”I granted the Gentei Kaijo however I of course informed him not to count on or expect the games to end simply because they’ve encountered a troublesome Arrancar. With Katsuo dying in Karakura, and an opponent in Naruki powerful enough to cause Izanagi to urgently call and request the limit removal and the end of the games…no doubt encouraged by Shizuka…I can’t help but feel..anxious. What’s going on in the World of the Living?”

Her question is a rhetorical one as for a single moment, Fuyuko’s guard is lowered and rather reporting she begins to express her concerns, a feeling difficult for her to shake. She silently catches and recomposes herself, continuing on with the business at hand.

”Before I forget, I received a message from Lieutenant Suta. They discovered something strange in the Dangai and have somehow oddly concluded that because of this there is a traitor in Twelfth and-here, you can see for yourself sir.”

Fuyuko retrieves her Denreishiki and pulls up the message in question. She turns the screen upward, raising it up for Higen’s eyes. Still lost towards the conclusion drawn by those in Fifth Division, she worries if either she is missing something, or if the Division is simply at a loss when not guided by their Captain.

---" Head Lieutenant Kasumi Fuyuko, Lieutenant Suta Arashi of Squad Five reporting... We recently conducted an investigation into the Dangai, hoping to find answers on how a Hollow was able to reside within the Precipice World, and possibly additional answers on how the Kokotsu was truly able to become free. We discovered an unidentified substance within the Dangai and we were able to contain it within a small container. From what I've been told, it has properties that allow it to resist or completely nullify the properties of the Dangai. However, this is the least of my concerns...

We have come to the agreement that there may be a mole within Squad 12, considering that the Dangai is to be monitored 24/7. While it is likely to have been a past suspicion due to the Kokotosu incident, I fear that this matter has become much worse and could potentially be catastrophic in the future. A hollow found living in the Dangai and this substance is present, it promotes the question of how this Hollow got there and how this substance was dispensed, or rather, by whom.

Currently, I am avoiding any contact with Squad 12, due to the possible chance of a mole being within their ranks. Alerting the individual or individuals may not benefit a solution or feasible outcome. Then again, they may already know... Whether this matter is connected to the Kokotsu incident or not, I am not sure, but I will be keeping the container within the custody of Squad Five Head Quarters. I will monitor it closely, until Captain Oda returns from the game, but should he not, then I will cross that bridge when it comes. Perhaps these details will be valuable to the Commander..." —​

Once she had concluded that Higen had read the contents in its entirety she withdrew her phone. SHe lets out a breath, truthfully, she hasn’t had to do so much talking in quite some time. Glancing over at a nearby table she helps herself to the refreshments, getting something to parch her throat after all that talking. While taking this moment to compose herself and relax, her phone once more goes off as a message is forwarded to her device.

"My name is Fuu Sawamura of the Thirteenth Division. By Fifth Seat Nokoribi's orders, please inform Head Lieutenant Kasumi that two Arrancar have appeared in Karakura, along with hollows and Gillians! We need any available seated shinigami to assist in Karakura Town!"

Fuyuko’s eyebrows furrow as she lets out an exasperated sigh. Eyes scan the message, someone else from Squad Thirteen, could it be the woman from before? No, this Fuu Sawamura goes on to mention a Nokoribi…ah, that must be her. The message becomes curious as the messenger mentions two Arrancar and goes on to mention Hollows and Gillian as if the two were separate entities.

’Isn’t a Gillian…a hollow? Wha-never mind.’

The Head Lieutenant does not allow her thoughts to derail. She reads, and focuses, unconsciously biting her lip in slight frustration. Arrancar in Naruki City, an unknown threat in Karakura…wait, could these Arrancar and hollows somehow be the one’s responsible for the former Oda’s demise? Just…what is happening. Having fallen into a silent trance, Fuyuko composes her thoughts, attempting to map out all situations within her head in order to bring some order to the chaos that is happening. Her silence, perhaps does not go unnoticed by her Captain beside her.

69fc43681e734b81fd851ce55f5387fe.png

Last edited:

Tatsu

fdb159f602f4a71f8b2fcd4a33bd18f8.png

8ef163da16d41fb1df3c6aa967fb9dd1.png

There is a hush in the crowd as it witnesses the battle between these blood-hungry shinigami as they fight in order to determine the strongest soul in the Soul Society. The first round of the Rukongai group seemed as though it was reaching the climax of things. Perhaps all of the stops were being put out by each combatant in order to bring this round to its finale.

Omoni was proud, of both her strength and aptitude in terms of a fight. She was a strong, battle-oriented woman who drove everything and performed everything without restraint, and succeeded with that mindset that by pure force, everything would fall into place. Most people are not built for that combat, so what do they do?

They adapt.

Yasu has known since stepping into the tournament that no matter who she faced, she would not be able to fight head-on as she had always been. Even when facing Higen, Yasu was moving with underlying intentions, but even then she could not fight against his sheer forceful nature. Yet it is Yasu's knowledge of her limitations that has allowed her to live as such, and in order to surpass those limitations, she'd have to continue living to do so.

Although a misconception with regards to damage inflicted and nulled, Yasu's Bankai was all but broken. Omoni may have gotten rid of what had covered the grounds of the Rukongai, but the marsh which had created her hands hadn't been burned away by the might of her Bankai's release. Down beneath the earth, the parts of the marsh that had slipped through the cracks made from Yasu's Vagido had ultimately been pushed up due to Hiroka's heat.

The blackened armor created by her marsh as it cooled her skin had taken the least amount of time, and while the marsh that she once possessed was not of the same caliber as it was before, the imminent attacks that had followed Yasu's kick would have followed through, although weakened, the intention stayed the same. The vicious kick would go undeterred, the rapid swing of Omoni's club sailing towards her, but with her mask, everything seemed to move in slow motion. The perception of attacks given and received since donning her mask had heightened all of Yasu's attributes.

Although in such close proximity, the flex of the rampant Hageshi's reiatsu is only responded to with the voracious release of the Ninth Captain's, blue and purple clashing and melding against one another as if fighting on a separate account. With the swing and the elongated prongs, Yasu was able to have twisted her upper body in tandem with her kick in order to properly avoid the drastic might of the club and those spines that threatened to have sent her flying. Even the slightest bit of contact with Omoni's body would have sufficed, and rather than continue to pursue and go head-to-head against Eleventh's Captain, Yasu's demeanor changes, and where she once resided, hovering just beside the giantess for a bone-shattering kick, all eyes would find her sitting at the top of one of the Captain-Commander's crystals and her mask slowly falling apart to reveal the sweaty and dirtied skin that lies beneath it.

Tapping away at her mic, she finds it unresponsive, probably due to Omoni's Bankai release. Surely perplexed at the actions of the said captain, both viewers and Omoni would wonder exactly just what she was planning. What was least expected was the waved of her hand as the camera catches a small thumbs down coming from Yasu, a sign which her members recognized as her resignation and failure to capture it on sound. Murmurs fall through the crowd and those rooting for Omoni would begin to whisper among themselves whether or not this was a ploy to take advantage of the unknowing new captain.

Those rooting for Yasu would have wondered the same thing, but once more, she had never been required by the Captain-Commander to have participated in the games, and it was made public knowledge two weeks prior that all captains but herself would be forced to participate. When she had suddenly announced that she would be participating, it had very well thrown the others for a loop since she made no efforts to reveal her plans. On her pride as a captain, she participated, and on the same pride, she would step out.

The title of Kenpachi did not suit her, and this was the best way how she could gauge what else she had to work on. It was with unfortunate luck that she was the one to have faced Omoni since her rise to Captaincy, and she gained no such intel on what she was capable of from her proctor. Even training with Higen did not necessarily allow Yasu to fully utilize all of her techniques, but even techniques would be overshadowed by centuries of life and experience.

As much as she tries to use brute strength, that unnerving and unwavering force that Omoni is capable of is something that Yasu lags behind on... And her relentlessness is another thing. The woman truly knew no sort of restraint, and the burns that sit on Yasu's body are a fact of that. The Kenpachi title was made for a spirit like her... but this was only the first round. After the conclusion of the Rukongai match, Yasu would have to go and review the footage of the Muken and Valley of Scream to properly prepare for the second and final round of combatants. Yet Hiroka was not out of the match just yet, even fighting harder than he ever had since the beginning. Her eyes on her kouhai, Yasu would sit on to observe just exactly what next would she lay witness to.

"I want some more candy..."

Yasu swings her legs back and forth when the sound of sloshing catches her attention and she looks down at her makeshift hands. The furrow of her brows only amplifies the annoyance that runs through her head after having lost her hands yet again... And from a former fourth division member nonetheless. Before food, she would have to wait until the match came to a conclusion to get her hands back. While she could've very well stepped out to go and ask for another member of the fourth division, to have Omoni heal her would be the least that she could have done for taking her hands.

8ef163da16d41fb1df3c6aa967fb9dd1.png

OmoniHageshī

3550818db8a6c6a1f9441a31a7e55bd3.png

0fc3a03fea8fc1c589d51fdb4459dfc7.png

Namakizu’s swing had gone through yet it met no resistance. The spines intended to impale Hiroka and his Zanpakuto appeared to have pierced their target but Hageshi swiftly realized that she had struck the remnants of a shunpo clone. Nonetheless, they did hit a strand of his bandages that he had left in his place. Without delay, his captain struck the Oni’s spike with tempered strength while imbuing it with a flash of blue flame. This caused the base of the spine to be crushed, effectively severing it from the club that he'd intended to demolish where it could soar off into the distance away from the trio and the resulting star could die. Naturally, this should have garnered Omoni's full attention but something unprecedented had stolen it from him.

“ HAAAAAAAA?!!?”

Omoni’s jubilant expression twisted into one of confused outrage the instant that the ninth captain’s makeshift thumb turned over to show that Yugure had yielded. Up until that moment, everything had come to Hageshi in a blur of destruction, elation and power. Time passed at what felt like the speed of light and with it, her spiritual power swelled to un-encompassable proportion at the rate of her anger as well as her insatiable appetite for a spectacular fight. At the notion that Yasu had determined she wanted to go no further, it flared because it reacted to Omoni’s animosity once again.

“ Yer’ kiddin’! Ya’ can’t go n’ leave me high n’ dry like this! ”

The great ogre moaned and whined like a brat that wasn’t getting what they wanted. Had she been on solid ground she would have stomped her feet in protest! A large THUD sounded when Omoni dropped to the floor a few inches in front of Yasu. The scowl on her face intensified as she gazed down at the degenerating shards of the vizard’s mask. She had wanted so badly to see how much further she could have pushed the hollowfied Yugure and it was unclear that her limit had been reached by force or by choice. Even so, a small degree of calm came over Hageshi when she reassured herself that leaving the fight in this way would make for an even better brawl down the line. However, as much as she wanted to charge Yugure so that she could clash forces with her fellow captain another time, Omoni begrudgingly understood what must come next. The fact of the matter was that Yasu had presented her surrender, so her participation had come to an end and the respectful thing to do as a warrior would’ve been to accept it.

So she did.

“ Tch. Guess I can’t do nothin’ about it.”

With one hand grasping the hilt of Namakizu that rested on the top of her shoulders, Omoni positioned her other so that it hovered above the both of Yasu’s. Previously, all that had been broadcast to the watching eyes of the soul society had been her overbearing strength and anyone who was unfamiliar with her could have easily mistaken Omoni for being capable of that and nothing more. The reality was that she was just as revitalizing as she was devastating. It was not commonplace knowledge that she was an equal part healer as she was a fighter. Although Omoni was originally the vice-captain of the eleventh division, she moved on to devote her service to Yu Nakamoto who was the captain of the fourth division. Before her arrival, they were a team of bullied medics but immediately after she joined them, her presence put a stop to the perpetual disrespect. With her at the helm in the absence of her superior, they were a feared and revered division. Without any ability to utilize traditional medical Kido, Omoni excelled and this was due to her Zanpakuto’s unique ability which allowed her to heal whatever damage she caused while in Shikai. A vibrant blue glow later, the eleventh division’s captain put this skill on display for all to see by conjuring Yasu’s formerly incinerated limbs returned to her after they had been taken.

" Yo. "

Hiroka had every opportunity in this exchange to continue his onslaught but he would need to rest assured that at a second’s notice Namakizu and her wielder were ready to react. Turning a hard but wide stare in his direction, the remaining captain leered ominously at her fourth seated member. In the blink of an eye, it was down to the eleventh division competitors. Yasu’s removal from the tournament had served as a huge let down for Hageshi but maybe there was still and flicker of hope that she could keep the flame of the fight lit by imploring Hiroka to persist with the first round of the games. In light of it all, Omoni only had one thing to say to him. Broken earth shuddered beneath the weight of her Reiryoku as Hageshi's anticipation grew until it's Reiatsu's size and shape became that akin to a sinister demon.

7ca920b0f7a99344e6c193612d421445.png

“ Ready fer’ more? ”

22daaaa94a5b9bb6ec34109e910bb6a2.png

865d5d4ead41f381c36704dfe0aa5889.png