[BSD-RP] Soul Society: Rukongai

Tatsu

fdb159f602f4a71f8b2fcd4a33bd18f8.png

8ef163da16d41fb1df3c6aa967fb9dd1.png

Yasu can't help but laugh at the stomping and audible whining from the Eleventh Division captain upon her forfeit. Even the ground-shaking THUD doesn't deter Yasu as the giantess lands before her. Despite sitting at an elevated level, Omoni still towers over the vizard, watching as the pieces of her mask fully break away. With the scrunching of her nose, and the furrow of her brow, Yasu sees it all, and when Omoni finally comes to terms with the fact that she is helpless for the first time, she relents and accepts Yasu's decision.

As if to apologize, Omoni wordlessly adjusts her position and hovers her hand over Yasu's, creating a gentle blue glow that slowly envelops her forearms. Beneath the slick black marsh, Yasu feels the reformation of her lost appendages. The Ninth Division captain couldn't help but let out a breathless laugh at the gesture, and once she finished, Yasu flexed her fingers, clenching and unclenching her fists to get used to these new additions. Before Yasu could utter anything, Omoni has turned her back to her and steps toward Hiroka, who held the same confusion on Yasu's decision to step down from the match, but he was quickly blocked by the flurry of Omoni's demonically-shaped reiatsu as she asks him if he was ready for more.

"Tsuiniiiii~" (ついに, "Finally")

It isn't long until Hiroka, too, concedes and Yasu stretches her arms above her head, causing the tightness in her muscles to finally release from its prolonged tension. He seems disheartened, and why wouldn't he be? Yasu's known him for far too long, and his spirit would be taking a large hit with his forfeit, but he understands more than anyone that forfeiting a match was a lot better than forfeiting his life for a title. Maybe it was the Eleventh Division spirit that she didn't understand the adoration for the title, but Yasu didn't like fighting like that anyway. To have the title as the strongest soul already sounded tiring. Imagine having to defend that title nonstop-- No, she couldn't bear to imagine anything like that. She had enough on her plate with her position as a Captain and a Vizard; she didn't need to add to that.

She flips forward and lands on the ground soundlessly before approaching the pair and giving them both a hearty slap against their backs before taking Omoni's hand and raising it up into the air to signify her victory. The cheers of the crowd reach even the likes of their arena and Yasu lets out a half-hearted cheer right along with them before she lets go and starts heading towards the North Gate, picking up her Haori and putting it right back on. Unfortunately, her shihakusho top had been burned and torn. As for the weighted vest, she'd have to find it at a later date.

"Come on, you two. Time for post-game interviews."

Yasu's body flickers from its position but she keeps close enough to Omoni to where she'd be able to follow her, and hopefully, Hiroka wouldn't be too far behind. The trek back to the North Gate was anything but silent as they passed through seventy-six districts of fans and viewers of all three shinigami. They are unable to stay in one place for long. Yasu would have to be at the casting station soon to have her own interview before administering Omoni's. Digging through the inside of her haori pocket, Yasu pulls out her Denreishiki and sends out a text to both Kazumi Fujioka and Jatiri Yabuki. Her third and fourth seats should have been within the Rukongai, and as for their instructions, Kazumi would be leading the interviewers for those who failed, and Jatiri would be free to ask the viewers with his own agenda on their thoughts on the fight and more.

With Yasu's speed, the distance from the 77th District back to the Northern Gate still took a good amount of time, but without that teleportation of that first division shinigami, it took considerably longer. At her arrival, Yasu salutes up towards the Captain-Commander who is enjoying the display of bloodshed and violence before directing Omoni to the tent to wait for her, but she was welcome to rummage around the food stands until Yasu called for her if that's what she wanted. In the meantime, Yasu would have to head to a secondary tent to have her own interview with Kazumi. Entering through the white tent, she greets them all with a simple--

"Yo."

ec3c3cd4b5a5b1cb102de9bb170dc098.png

She is the first to answer Kazumi's questions, taking a seat and waiting as the camera focuses on her and Kazumi sits before her, nervous but natural to an extent. Yasu is relaxed and genuinely proud to see the shift that befalls her third seat after all of these years of the time they've shared.

“As a Captain, do you feel as though you’ve gained anything from your participation?”

Already, Yasu rubs at the back of her head and takes a bit before she answers.

"I've got a long way to go. I may be a captain, but my peers still teach me things every day. To be able to constantly learn about myself with the help of my fellow captains and after each of my battles is more than anything I can ask for. In order to protect the place I call home, I have to constantly learn about my strengths and my weaknesses."

“Did you find your competition surprising or difficult to go against?”

"Omoni Hageshi... That woman is something else. Hard work really does overshadow talent; she's the embodiment of hardcore. As for my kouhai," she tilts her head back and thinks of Hiroka's performance before continuing her answer, "Hiroka-chan is as tough as he's hardheaded. His explosions are vicious and powerful. He knows a lot, but something's telling me he's still holding back. Who knows, maybe he'll get the opportunity to show off more. Does nothing good to be held back, y'know?"

Kazumi nods and proceeds with the next question.

“Of the final three contestants, who do you imagine will claim the title of Kenpachi?”

"Ah, Group One and Two are still unfinished, right? I've got a bit of bias towards Oda-Taichou and Nakamoto-Taichou since I've had experience with both, but maybe the others will surprise us all... But whoever wins in the other groups will have to face that monster in the main tent."

A heart laugh escapes as she references Omoni and her monstrous strength. It isn't long until everything settles and they've reached the last question.

“Do you have any parting words for anyone watching the Games?”

"I hope the fights have been entertaining so far, and that our Rukongai denizens are aware of those that inhabit the Gotei Thirteen and the strength that they possess. May our denizens continue to support the Gotei Thirteen and all of our endeavors! I'll see you again in just a bit with a post-game interview with none other than Omoni Hageshi."

Leaving the tent, Yasu scratches her stomach and looks in between the stalls of food and back at the main tent, looking troubled as she makes one of the most difficult decisions of her life. But perhaps if she gets this interview out of the way, she'd be able to take a food break before the finalization of the next group. Begrudgingly, she trudges along and settles herself in Tent One, ready to perform the first victor's interview.

8ef163da16d41fb1df3c6aa967fb9dd1.png

OmoniHageshī

fa4677bc0b0bce561f4b0657bd45133b.png

0fc3a03fea8fc1c589d51fdb4459dfc7.png

"I yield as well."

“ Who does this UNGRATEFUL WORM think he is?”

Behind the fiery eyes of Captain Hageshi there was another pair of equally inflamed orbs glaring back at Hiroka Ikari. Deep in the bowels of every Shinigami’s soul rests a realm that serves as a place where Zanpakuto spirits and their wielders can converse in total isolation away from the rest of the world. The two before him were no exception and theirs was a barren place surrounded on all sides by an impenetrable cage. On the furthest side of this laid a grand throne where a mountainous empress of the Oni Namakizu was seated with an expression of disgust burnt into the creases of her bulbous face. For the entirety of the battle the great oni had not bothered to utter a single word and had been content with speculating just like the audience of the games were doing. By her count, the fourth seated boy had attempted to destroy her not once but twice now and this had begun to get on her nerves. The recollection of these events caused the arm of the chair she sat on to crumble in Namakizu’s fierce grasp after it had begun to tighten at the rate her anger grew. Ikari considered himself the embodiment of rage but in truth, this child didn’t know what real rage was.

Crude laughter escaped an enormous mouth with pink lips and sharp teeth. Her burst of guffaws shook the land that she ruled but she did not move from her position. There was no need or anything that had summoned that effort from Namakizu. In actuality, besides anger there was only one thing that the empress felt throughout the previous ordeal. Boredom.

“ He thought he could break ME? What a joke, KEKEKEKEKEKE! ”

Below, Omoni stood as usual in the middle of the colosseum’s shifting sands with her mighty club in hand and her back to her spirit. At this point, Namakizu’s leer had moved from Ikari to the captain of the eleventh division and neither of them had to meet one another’s gaze to understand one simple truth about their fight against her fourth seated member.

“ He and his little princess, never stood a chance! ”

The cackling intensified as Namakizu had been driven to hysterics. With a disappointed look plastered on Hageshi’s face, she glanced back at her roaring spirit but grew annoyed enough to look away once more. None of this sat well with Omoni. It felt like a hollow victory, as if it had been handed to her instead of her truly earning it. It was sour to the taste, dry like drinking water but gaining a mouthful of sand in its stead. Namakizu gloated while Omoni sulked.

08dac53d47a68c76b97e1a2f1783c73e.png

" KEKEKEKEKEKEKE! IT’S A GOOD THING HE RAN AWAY! KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE "

Namakizu exploding into rubble and crippling his superior must have been the deluded imaginings of Ikari brought on by exhaustion. This was the only explanation for that sort of vital misconception. For in that moment when he sought to detonate yet another of his ultimate techniques, it became a battle of reiatsu. Physically, Omoni was very slow but when it came to the control over her reiatsu she was an undisputed master capable of reacting long before her adversaries. When he and Hageshi’s spiritual power were set upon one another head to head it should be no surprise that her’s would triumph over his. Although Ikari's Reiryoku supply was vast there was something that could never be denied. Him having called upon his shikai’s explosive power repeatedly throughout the mass of the competition, fired off his highest caliber star multiple times each less powerful than the next due to depletion and had gone as far as removing his seal intended to suppress his true strength were the reckoning that ensured Omoni’s potent ever-growing reiatsu had overpowered his own and negated his final blast completely.

In the course of time, her pool of Reiryoku had been utilized but compared to his having been spouted about wildly with no attempt at conservation in order to ensure the total demise of his opponents, he would be lacking. He claimed to be so masterful over his own spiritual power then why was it that he had allowed his anger to force him to carelessly use so much of it? Even though her rage burned hotter than any fire and her furious elation knew no bounds, her enemies must not overlook that Omoni Hageshi was always in complete control over herself and her reiatsu. You see, like him, she had undergone the excruciating examinations of the captain’s test but where she had succeeded he had failed. The result that came of trying to overwhelm the weapon belonging to the Alpha of the eleventh division should have been expected.

Thus far, Namakizu had grown some sizes and thrashed about like an unhinged beast and his captain had been tantalized enough to release her Bankai but in it’s suit of armor she had been given her ability to attack and had relied on her exceptional capability to maintain the tempered expulsion of her reiatsu alongside Yugure and Ikari’s absorbed damage in what was her encompassing globe of destruction that had laid waste to the battlefield before them and had shaken her opponents resolve to the point that they had decided they no longer wished to continue to face her. All the while, neither Yugure or Hikari had managed to deal more than a speck of damage to her and in reality…she had barely broken a sweat. It went without saying that his attempt at a hit and run was unsuccessful.

In short, to destroy something like an opposing Zanpakuto it would require that the Zanpakuto in question was fragile or the reiatsu of the attacker to briefly eclipse their opponent's. The club, like it's partner, was the most durable of the leaders of the Gotei thirteen's Zanpakuto and so neither of those requirements were available to be exploited. So, completely unfettered by the fourth seat's daydream, Omoni remained where she was by Yasu’s side. In the end, even if Namakizu chastized him, Hiroka's superior was glad to have been able to see what had he had to offer but in relation to his overall performance as well as his surrender Omoni wondered if he really belonged in the eleventh division after all.

As for the other captain on the field, Namakizu had thoroughly enjoyed discovering the demonic side of Yasu Yugure. Not only had their exchange been exhilarating, but it had also been a delicious display indicative of the fact that the hollow lurking behind the ninth's captain determined the empress and her wielder to be threats severe enough to warrant it's intervention. Namakizu had won this day but she still looked forward to another clash with Yugure and her swamp down the line.

The first winner of the beginning round of the Kenpachi games had been decided and it was none other than Captain of the eleventh division, Omoni Hageshi! The crowds roared in unison at the sight of Omoni's large scarred hand being flung into the sky. Sounds of glee and frustration alike wafted in and out amongst the audience during the celebratory ruckus. Taking monetary bets had been the best thing that a good portion of the spectators present had done as it appeared Omoni had been a fan favorite and had just won them large sums of currency but at the same time, others had lost a fortune. The experiences together generated a bittersweet atmosphere. Listening to their jeers and cheers, Omoni had yet to register what had happened besides the fact that her two adversaries had given up and how disgruntled she was because of that. She should have been happy to secure such a conquest but as it had been since the beginning of the struggle, Omoni never cared about winning anything. Through and through, at the end of the day all Hageshi wanted to do was keep fighting. Why'd it have to end there? Why couldn't they just keep going forever?...

“Oi, aint’chu forgettin’ something?”

Startled out of her absentminded thoughts, Omoni looked up to the snearing Namakizu who stared at her in return. A single grey talon lifted and pointed in the direction of Yasu who didn’t look at all bothered by the cacophony of charred injuries littering her entire body.

“ She’s pretty ugly with all those marks.”

Naturally, It still took Omoni a good couple of minutes before it all came to her at once. There were still wounds she had to mend that were left in the confines of Namakizu and the oni was getting tired of holding onto them for her. Trudging after Yugure, Yasu would find the remainder of her injuries healed to perfection as if she had not suffered them at all in the first place.

“ Su, wait up! Forgot to heal yer' burns! ”

0fc3a03fea8fc1c589d51fdb4459dfc7.png

Every step closer to the North Gate the volume of the screaming admirers increased. Omoni arrived in record time thanks only to Yasu's guidance for if she had been left to her own devices she may never had made it back at all. All in all, Captain Hageshi was not familiar with galleries of people exclaiming their ovations for her performance. Frankly, all of the attention made her uncomfortable as if a hoard of flies were constantly buzzing about next to her ear and she had no way of making them go away. In the past, there were none with the guts to seek that woman out. Avoiding her became of the utmost importance to most Shinigami in her immediate area and in general. With a grumpy disposition and a heavy reiatsu it was incredibly hard to interract properly with the matron and there were only a select few that would have been able to consider themselves 'close' to her enough to do so. Her circle was small and that was the way that she liked it.

Searching for a place where she could escape all of the hubub and decompress, It donned on Hageshi that she needed to do the whatever talking thing like she'd done before the games had commenced. Seeing this as an opportunity to steal away, Omoni briefly glanced around to get a better look at the thousands of faces watching her every move before strolling off hastily toward one of the waiting shelters. It was luck that this was tent one as without Yugure's help she very well could have ended up in another one entirely. There she sat alone finally able to rest although the attending ninth workers wanted to attempt to apply a towel for her sweat or even offer her a beverage they decided against it. Soon enough, Yasu burst into view and took a seat across from Omoni which instantly summoned a wide grin to the ogress's face. In the minutes they had been separated, Hageshi had overlooked that she was there to record her input on the results of their battle and instead, thought that Yugure was there for another jousting so she was disenchanted when she was forced to remember that wasn't what she was there for.

“Congratulations on your advancement. Have you learned anything while fighting those that you’ve just faced?”

Yasu's questions started right away with a pleasant tone and no sign of any resentment. Omoni took this to mean that captain Yugure had fully accepted the outcome of their confrontation and things were back to normal and this soothed the bristling monster leering at her. Looking back on everything and how it happened, she wondered if she had learned anything at all that she wasn't already aware of. Those in the stands watched the screens with baited breath for the answers their idol would give.

" Huh..I spose' I learned you got a crazy hollow inside a' ya! It was a ton a' fun ta' fight it and I wanna do it again! One on one you n' me! Can't get enough of it Su, we gotta fight every day now!"

Swiftly, Omoni slammed her fist into an open palm creating a small fluctuation of spiritual energy causing the flaps of the tent to ripple. However, she settled back against her seat and continued. All of the while, Omoni hadn't thought for a second how she might answer the questions of the closing interviews because they weren't a matter of importance to her to the point she had forgotten they'd be evaluated altogether.

" Also learned that I got a long way ta' go as a Captain. Never knew what it meant to be one n' I still don't now but when I fought Ikari I realized that it's gonna be important to spend more time with the members a' my division n' ta' get ta' know 'em better so when the time comes there ain't mistrust. I like ta' be alone so much I fergot' there's other people around me."

Confusion would come to those who did not truly know that woman and surprise to those who did. Having much more to say besides the occasional grunt here and there was unheard of when it came to Omoni and her sudden but rare bursts of clarity were never something anyone expected.

“The title of Kenpachi is truly a vicious one. If you were to win the Games, what kind of response do you imagine the viewers to have?”

The inquiries continued and at this moment Omoni became distracted by a new tear at the end of her right sleeve of her Haori. Once the question ceased she answered quickly without hesitation. This was something that Hageshi had pined over incessantly since she came to understand the meaning of the title that she was fighting to attain. At first, it was about being given the chance to be able to duel with the best of the best the Seireitei had to offer but once she recognized that the prize would give her exactly what she had always wanted it became something she was ready to fight to the end for.

" Way I figure, if I get it then I'll never run outta' opponents! People r' gonna come find me just so they can try ta' beat me! That's better than goin' out ta' hunt for 'em myself."

Do you have any words towards your opponents for the final round?”

It is then that Omoni turned her cerulean glare to face the camera lenses aimed back at her. Although the crowds outside began to swell with more of their cheering and thought this was a moment Hageshi was giving to her fans, they were wrong. The captain of the eleventh division was looking into the eyes and souls of those that would come face to face with her in the competition to come. Her next regards were solely for them and them alone.

" Don't hold back. "

Whether this was an encouragement or a threat was unclear. Did she mean to excite them to make the battle better for herself by proxy or was she warning them that if they came at her with anything less than her best that she would leave them beneath her in the dirt below their feet. Her answer caused the already quieting crowd to still completely before music started up in hopes of easing the tensions born from her three words. This gave her the opportunity to rise from her chair and wander away.

Regardless, The anti-climactic way that things had ended irritated her beyond belief but all the titan could do was look forward to the future. On the horizon there was a maelstrom brewing in the form of what had the potential to be one of the greatest fights the soul society would ever witness and she, Omoni Hageshi captain of the eleventh division and victor of the first round of the Kenpachi games, would get to take part in it's festivity.

288e1f8324f2d8ead68d41b1e2e9a0d0.png

22daaaa94a5b9bb6ec34109e910bb6a2.png

865d5d4ead41f381c36704dfe0aa5889.png

Last edited:

Vesper

Hiroka_New_Header.png

11th-border.png

Hiroka remained silent even with Yasu’s hearty pat upon his back. He acknowledged it only by looking to her and then to Omoni who would have her arm risen into the air as a sign of victory. The signal to push on from the venue that had been ravaged by the trio was honestly a welcomed thing. The moment the pink-haired Captain pressed onward, so did Ikari. His pacing matched that of that very woman, a speed that was able to allow for Hageshi to keep up without getting lost along the way.

Every stride he made he rested his hand upon the sheath that housed Ikarihime. If there was anyone of the two of them that was more upset about the decision to forfeit, it was her. She knew in the deepest depths of her being that they could have overcome the last remaining opponent. If that may have been the case, it wouldn’t matter. Hiroka had decided to not only risk a negative outcome but also keep what tricks he had not unveiled to himself. Afterall, he had not obtained the next release of his spirit weapon, meaning he had to maintain some edge with just his Shikai alone. He was just honestly surprised he had made it through that bout with no sustained injuries given that factor. Their arrival took a decent bit of time but it did not feel as such for the Fourth Seat. He spent that time in self reflection.

Hiroka made a detour before heading to his own interview, pathing his way directly for where he could get some water. If there was anything that he suffered from that bout, it was certainly dehydration. He downed container after container of that refreshing substance, all the while watching people move about. It was honestly kind of crazy how such an event was put together for this title rather than the past means of acquiring the label. Such a spectacle may be a bit over the top for deciding the strongest, but it did achieve bringing together the members of the Gotei 13 and the Rukongai. There was rarely a time when such an overlap occurred that the many souls of the Soul Society could gather together on something. Even where favorite contestants differed, this all meant there was that topic, that discussion. A common bridge between the varying districts and the soldiers that protect them.

As the tanned male felt he had drunk enough, he made his way for the tent where his interview would take place. He truly didn't want to have the primary conversation and now there was another. If only it would be acceptable to just slink on away from all of this part. There wasn't, however, so he had to endure.

Passing through the veil of the tent, he caught eyes with the unfamiliar soul within. He gave a subtle nod before making his way right to the seat within. As he sat, he aimed his optics right at the camera before him, staring it down as if he wanted nothing more than to break it in that instant.

“As a Fourth Seat, do you feel as though you’ve gained anything from your participation?”

"Affirmation. I know now that I’ve come a long way and was able to stand before two Captains and live to tell the tale."

Hiroka closed his eyes for a moment before adding on briefly with a hollow glance off beyond the lens that faced him.

"But it’s not enough."

“Did you find your competition surprising or difficult to go against?”

"Of course to both of those. These were opponents that are seen as some of the most formidable among all Shinigami. There was also Shinotori Hitsugaya… An unfortunate circumstance with that one. But it couldn’t be helped."

That was how Hiroka felt but he certainly could have held back on that contestant. It may have been a severe overstep but he also knew that was the risk of such a tournament.

“Of the final three contestants, who do you imagine will claim the title of Kenpachi?”

"To my understanding… our bracket was the only one that was resolved. Who still stands to win? "

After receiving his answer to that question, he looked about for a moment before returning to focus.

"Captain Tenzen Oda. Though that may be biased."

“Do you have any parting words for anyone watching the Games?”

"Mmm."

The Burst Prince leaned forward in his seat, honing his eyes through the broadcasting device. It was as if the very heat in his eyes could melt right through anyone who looked back upon them.

"Despite the namesake of this tournament. This is not a game. If you ever wish to pursue an accolade of any kind. Know your limits and don’t let your name be wasted."

And with that final remark, Hiroka took to his feet and gave a steady bow to Kazumi Fujioka before his departure. There wasn’t much to do at this point and returning to the barracks would amount to him having even less to do. So for the time being, he would standby and observe the remaining battles. If not for the entertainment, then at least for Yasu to finish her obligations. He felt the need to make it up to her for how he acted during their match. Appealing to her gluttony would surely be a successful way of doing so.

11th-border.png

Mizu Sayuri

Mizu2.png

Mizu_Name_Plate.png

ff7171a7ab76e79b56493532beda3841.png

To his understanding, he knew that his cousin was also competing in the Kenpachi games but hasn't heard any update yet based on his placement for the first round. Chuckling while seeing his Lt Junko step back into the tent where Mizu has been the majority covering during the first games he figured now would be the best time to go scout out Hiroka and see how things went. Standing up from where he was sitting Mizu walked slowly towards the front of the tent and bent down going under the drape that was covering the entrance.

Just upon exiting he would wipe his eyes since the sun rays would beat ever so mercilessly against his caramel complexion. Finally able to obtain his footing he stood up from being bent over and started to survey the area to see in which direction he "might" find his cousin.

To his surprise, he would soon lock eyes with his cousin standing just outside the voting tent. Mizu would start gandering on over to his cousin to strike up the conversation about his outcome from the Kenpachi Games. Hoping that he didn't do too badly he would tread ever so slightly with his words.

Just as a smile would gauze upon his sun beat face he looked at Hiroka,
"There you are Hiroka! How's my favorite cousin doing? How was your first placement in the games, how did they go?

ff7171a7ab76e79b56493532beda3841.png

Last edited:

Vesper

ezgif-4-0819152028.png

69fc43681e734b81fd851ce55f5387fe.png

Rukongai ———————————— traveling from ———————————— Southeast Seireitei

Munehisa traveled with the utmost haste towards the hosting grounds of the ongoing event. He desired to relay the info he had acquired while he was aware of where the Captain Commander was rather than having to hunt him down. As he grew nearer he could hear the rallying sounds of those in attendance. Rooting for their preferred participant and reacting to their actions. He could not express the same sentiment that the spectators had been displaying, it just was not in him to really care about that. Besides, even if he had a festive bone in him, this was not the time for such outward behavior.

His flickering strides slowed for just a bit as he withdrew his Denreishinki from his garments. As the screen came to life he noted a report had come in from the Fourth. He raised a brow in surprise that they had been so responsive. He expected more time to pass but he must have just missed Lieutenant Izumi with his withdrawal from the boundary of the Academy.

The Nihilist’s violet orbs scanned the information that was relayed, confirming what had been said by the individual from the hazmat team, as well as expanding on it. It was certainly intriguing that the Fourth’s Vice Captain felt unnerved by Nyuraku Kurotsuchi’s intent. Especially after dismissing it as a misunderstanding. He sent a message back expressing his gratitude on the expanded report before picking back up on his pacing. This time only yielding in his rush when he had arrived within the same vicinity as his superiors.

As his figure shimmered into place within proximity to the Captain Commander and First Lieutenant, he would be seen within a kneel with his head bowed.

”Apologies for the intrusion, Commander Kagayaki and First Lieutenant Kasumi.”

His head rose to meet them with the completion of his apology. He continued otherwise, remaining within the pose that he started in.

”I, Fifth Seat Munehisa Kobayashi, have information that may require further investigation.”

He spoke his introduction not under the assumption that they’d not be aware of who he was, for he was in a position that they’d have had to appoint him, but simply as a formality.

”On my way here I stumbled on a quarantine that had taken place at the Shinōreijutsuin. I inquired with the team stationed there about the reasoning for it. It would seem that two Twelfth Division individuals had conducted some kind of biological test upon the students present on the grounds. It had resulted in panic throughout the student body and required action from the faculty. Fourth Division was called in to contain the situation. Their Lieutenant, Junko Izumi, had also come onto site to personally handle the lockdown.”

His monotone voice delivered the information at a clear pace, while his serpent-like eyes alternated between the pair, though spent a bit more time with the Head Captain.

”Lieutenant Izumi elaborated in a brief report that the escalation of the situation had been a tad unnecessary, due to it being a bit of a misunderstanding. Nyuraku Kurotsuchi, one of the Twelfth present, apparently meant no harm in his experiment. Though Lieutenant Izumi expressed that she had felt a bit of unease in something he had said. He had expressed that he would be in attendance during the next Lieutenant’s meeting. She was unaware if this was something pre-established or simply something of his own volition. As of now I only have her perspective from the inside, though, Third had two seated officers present. Fourth Seat Zhou Fēng and Fifth Seat Asahi Kajiyashiki. They too could go on record for any further information should that be necessary.”

It also went without saying that if needed, the two Twelfth members could also be checked in on.

With the conclusion of his account, he brought himself to complete silence, awaiting for whatever reactions the pair had. There completely was a possibility neither individual found this pressing. After all, Twelfth had always been known for unorthodox behavior and acting almost completely autonomous from conventional processes. Yet what stuck with him most was the specification of the Fourth’s Lieutenant’s distress on Nyuraku Kurotsuchi’s statements. There was also the factor of timing. At any point they could have conducted these trials but they acted when most of the organization’s forces would have their attention occupied. Would things have been as amicable without the intervention of the Third’s officers and the Fourth Lieutenant?

Munehisa held no strong opinion on what had transpired but he felt due to the timing and widespread panic it brought, it may at the very least be something to consider. He awaited whatever it was that would be asked of him, even if that request was simply for him to leave.

69fc43681e734b81fd851ce55f5387fe.png