[BSD-RP] Soul Society: Central Seireitei

Zhou_Feng

Illustration1284.png

e80b7461ca42670e8e45925398ec8ac5.png

Students rummaged through the hallways, some excited about the prospect of graduation, others planning on what division they were thinking of going to, the hallways were filled with glee and excitement. The overwhelming positive energy didn’t cease – even with Sanyu being in the same area as the lot of them. Despite Sanyu being different, a number of students had grown to accept Sanyu as he was, the big fluff that genuinely wanted to help others despite anything and everything that was given to him. It was obvious that the Komamura had faced a loss that some could only imagine to be a nightmare in the most vile of fashions, but even Sanyu’s father was indeed a hero. With Sanyu coming to the third division to genuinely help others, this mindset did not go unnoticed in any sort of degree. A number of Shinigami-prospects respected this and wanted to do nothing else but learn from him.

Just as there were a majority that accepted Sanyu for what he was, there were a select few that didn’t appreciate appearances. There were some students that did snicker in the hallways, making jokes about the beast-like soul that wandered through the halls. Of course, the fetch jokes, the peeing on tree jokes, even cat jokes weren’t far off from being told when Sanyu wasn’t around. Regardless of this mindset, souls were forced to accept the fact that whatever Sanyu was, didn’t matter. As a teacher’s assistant and as a member of the Third Division, Sanyu belonged in those halls helping and assisting the future souls in order for the greater good.

Kasu’s appearance in the Third Division took Zhou by slight surprise – A member of the First Division transferring to this division would have been nothing short of a demotion. With the First Division being known for having a number of souls powerful enough to protect the Soul Society at hand, the fact that she was currently here raised a lot of questions. Was this by her choice or was it something much more cryptic than that? The male bearing silver orbs took note of this – Third Division was definitely going through a number of changes.

Walking past the number of souls that wandered the halls, Zhou's attention was immediately grabbed by the older female casually addressing him from across the way. Being aware of his surroundings to a high degree, Zhou could tell that Kururu was seeking his attention. Zhou stopped in his tracks, turning his body towards the oldest member of the third division. Was Shujin Kagi’s prediction coming to fruition? It couldn’t be. Without any hesitance, he made his way over to the darker toned female with graceful pristine strands that fell down from her face. Zhou made his way over to the lot that stood around, without meaning any disrespect, his face had a cold exterior --the length of his dark blue strands lingering over his face.

"Is there something you needed assistance with, Instructor Nagahiro?"

There was not a hint of coldness in his voice though, rather it was solely how Zhou, visually, was. There was no genuine way to tell how the male was feeling. Instead, the male that was about business was just that, about his business currently. With his hands in his pockets and his silver orbs looking up towards the seven foot tall amazon, he waited to see what she requested his attention for. Although both Sanyu and Kasu were in the same vicinity, his attention was primarily focused on her – simply due to the fact that she had called him over on her own accord.

He wasn't exactly sure why she wanted him over just to talk within the halls as they would have access to see each other on a daily basis if need be. Even though Zhou had buried a lot of himself into training and honing his skills, Zhou still was accessible if anyone needed anything of him. Whether it had been his students or subordinates, he always made the time to assist in anyway that was needed.

Ody

1660373273944.png

Kururu would watch the students go by with a passive glance at each, she understood that not all young Shinigami were open-minded enough for someone like a Komamura. She, however, has been around long enough that nothing surprises her anymore. The old soul certainly hoped this generation would warm up to him.
She did genuinely want to enjoy some tea with the Eighth Seat but it seems as though it would have to wait as Zhou had heeded her call.
The youthful Third Seat was very no-nonsense, something she saw as typical for Second Division transfers, but she did not mind at all especially seeing as he had new responsibilities to manage. She speaks softly, as if each word is has a sprinkling of care on it, so far from any malice it's palpable - nothing but affection.
"Indeed Fēng-sama. I have something that only you can assist me with. Perhaps we should take a walk together - privately - if you have the availability. "
She politely bowed to the other two. "If you will excuse me, we will meet at a later point." She began walking outside again and loosely heading in the direction of the nearest sparring area, entirely presuming that the Third Seat would follow.​

Last edited:

Zhou_Feng

Illustration1284.png

Her words were soft, delicate, and bore not even a hint of ill-will within them. In certain capacities, one might have thought that what she was alluding to was something of an unprofessional mannerism – especially with the wording of her statement. There was no question, rather, a suggestion as to what they should do. It would seem that Instructor Nagahiro truly deemed herself elite and carried herself as so. Why shouldn’t she? As someone that had lived centuries among centuries and established herself within the Third Division, it would seem that someone of her capacity would be able to speak with someone like Zhou without any sort of reservation. Although she didn’t directly approach him with what she wanted, she instead spoke about something that only he could assist her with. The question soon became, “What made him so special that someone such as Sanyu or Kasu could assist with?”

Zhou nodded his head, in response to Instructor Nagahiro’s words as his hands still remained in his pockets, his attire and his persons always being kept to a fine degree on him. He noticed Kururu bowed to the other two Division members as he nodded his head to the both of them – acknowledging not only their existence, but the fact that they were a part of his division. Dog and Blast from the past alike, the both of them held their value.

The two of them departed from the rest as the other students continued to roam about the halls. There was something different with the way the two of them moved – and some of the students could tell. Zhou had never had an interaction with Kururu in this fashion in the slightest. With the change of positions being made very abundantly clear, rumors began to speculate about the two as the both of them moved towards the outdoors in the direction of one of the many sparring areas.

The whispers began to flood the halls, word of mouth spreading as Instructor Feng had found himself, yet again, potentially in a brawl with another Shinigami. Would this former Second Division officer get a chance to genuinely enjoy rest after the nine months of arduous labor? Would he get a chance to actually make a difference in the lives of the students? Who knew but time itself. Without words, Zhou simply followed behind the gigantic statue of a woman that moved elegantly about.

“There’s absolutely no way… Why are they heading to the training area? Is there a class right now?”

“No, DUMMY! Why would there be TWO teachers going in the same direction?! That Zhou… he’s always into something, isn’t he?”

Words spread like wildfire as Zhou began to notice the number of eyes and the number of souls beginning to follow after the two Division members.

OnyxLockdown

7ec88b60e666e9bf00866e03bdf9e007.png

Illustration1284.png

"Your soul song is still as sour as always, harming a beautiful melody of this wonderful day Shiori-Chan."​

"My souls wh- oh this again?"

Shiori sighed, a slight smirk on her face. She'd heard about this a few times before, but never quite got it. Besides, why listen for weird soul melodies when you had regular music?
"Also, I do not know how many times I must tell you, Shiori- Chan. My name is Aiya Ayako Munetoshi. Honestly, I do not know how many times you must be told this. I do understand it is not of your worth to acknowledge my name, but it would suit you well in the future as we just may have to assist each other when upholding the balance of the soul Cycle."

"Ahh, right. Sorry Aiya."

Shiori sighed. Aiya was right about one thing, being that Shiori truly didn't understand the tendency for nobles to latch onto their family name like they actual meant something. Either way, it was evident that Aiya was in some kind of mood today, possible from the stress of an entirely new year and training regimen. Fair enough, really. It wasn't as though Shiori wasn't stressed either. This year was their last chance to perfect themselves, and most importantly, show off to any divisions they wanted to join. So yeah, she was absolutely nervous.

"How about this? I won't call you a nerd again if you drop the -chan business when talking to me. You know me well enough, and that stuff make me uncomfortable."
"Now Shiori-Chan, make your melody happier and be glad to be here, there is so much learning to do and so little time for your sour melody today."

"What're you talking about? I get to train with a bunch of professionals this year! I'm a ray of god damn sunshine today. At least compared to normal."

Again, Shiori had no idea what this girl meant by souls and melodies. Maybe she could hear reiatsu like it was music or something. If that was the case, Shiori felt cheated since all she got were headaches and people getting tired near her. With her elbows resting on her knees and her chin suspended in her hands, She watched her classmate stand up while she herself attempted to gather the motivation to stand back up.

"Alright, I give. How am I supposed to do that? Meditate? Force myself to think happy thoughts?"

Ody

Illustration1284.png

Her words were soft, delicate, and bore not even a hint of ill-will within them. In certain capacities, one might have thought that what she was alluding to was something of an unprofessional mannerism – especially with the wording of her statement. There was no question, rather, a suggestion as to what they should do. It would seem that Instructor Nagahiro truly deemed herself elite and carried herself as so. Why shouldn’t she? As someone that had lived centuries among centuries and established herself within the Third Division, it would seem that someone of her capacity would be able to speak with someone like Zhou without any sort of reservation. Although she didn’t directly approach him with what she wanted, she instead spoke about something that only he could assist her with. The question soon became, “What made him so special that someone such as Sanyu or Kasu could assist with?”

Zhou nodded his head, in response to Instructor Nagahiro’s words as his hands still remained in his pockets, his attire and his persons always being kept to a fine degree on him. He noticed Kururu bowed to the other two Division members as he nodded his head to the both of them – acknowledging not only their existence, but the fact that they were a part of his division. Dog and Blast from the past alike, the both of them held their value.

The two of them departed from the rest as the other students continued to roam about the halls. There was something different with the way the two of them moved – and some of the students could tell. Zhou had never had an interaction with Kururu in this fashion in the slightest. With the change of positions being made very abundantly clear, rumors began to speculate about the two as the both of them moved towards the outdoors in the direction of one of the many sparring areas.

The whispers began to flood the halls, word of mouth spreading as Instructor Feng had found himself, yet again, potentially in a brawl with another Shinigami. Would this former Second Division officer get a chance to genuinely enjoy rest after the nine months of arduous labor? Would he get a chance to actually make a difference in the lives of the students? Who knew but time itself. Without words, Zhou simply followed behind the gigantic statue of a woman that moved elegantly about.

“There’s absolutely no way… Why are they heading to the training area? Is there a class right now?”

“No, DUMMY! Why would there be TWO teachers going in the same direction?! That Zhou… he’s always into something, isn’t he?”

Words spread like wildfire as Zhou began to notice the number of eyes and the number of souls beginning to follow after the two Division members.

1660415765668.png

Kururu gracefully strides through the Academy compound. Paying little mind to the curious students. No doubt the monolithic Shinigami was something of an enigma among students - the venerable teacher had made this place her home for long enough that she is something of an Academy staple, and practically a landmark due to her size. In spite of this, there were only rumours as to her true potential. Indeed, there was only one in the entire Division that has seen almost all that she can do. Perhaps some of the Captain-Commander's finest information gatherers could have learned a thing or two as well.
The woman who's left blade is as long as some Shinigami were tall carried herself with confidence, but not a trace of ego. This was not about who was better, or making a show for anyone, or even trying to put Zhou in his place. In fact, she would much rather the two share the Third Seat. However, this is a military organisation, and such compromises were not part of the system. As much as she hated how it was set up, this was the rule.
It had been quite some time since Kururu had sparred with anyone closer to her capabilities. Most of the time, a cocky graduate would return to her to prove how far they had come, only to be humbled time and time again. She was happy to allow them to gain a fresh perspective and continue improving themselves.
Zhou, on the other hand, did not deserve this confrontation. He did not ask for it, nor should he have been placed in this predicament. Kururu understood that well and truly wished that there would be no resentment in his heart when the white-haired giantess would reclaim her seat.

"Keep in mind one thing, young Fēng-sama. I have no personal quarrel with you. What I require from you is strictly beyond your control."
What she said was true, to an extent, she had the right to challenge the seat, but the way she said it with such a calm and casual candor could almost be construed as not even a threat but a promise that Zhou is literally powerless to stop what is about to occur.
It would not be too long before the two found themselves in the largest training field the Academy had to offer.​

Last edited: