[BSD-RP] Soul Society: Central Seireitei

OnyxLockdown

shiori_uniform.png

Illustration1284.png

Shiori could just faintly hear another conversation nearby, but given her current situation she wasn't exactly in the mood to dropping any eaves on someone else's conversation. Besides, she could barely understand them over the music, which she turned up to drown out the noise. Nor did she particularly care who it was in her current moody state. So of course she didn't notice when the other two approached until Zhao spoke.

“Shiori…”

Shiori coughed as the Zhou's voice pierced the music that had silenced the world around her, sending her cigarette flying from her mouth. It landed on her uniform for only the briefest of moments before she swatted it off. Close call, considering keeping her uniform clean was something she'd been yelled at for as well.

"Y-yes sensei? Er... Sensei's."

It hadn't landed far, close enough for her to reach over and pick it up on time to get chewed out.

“As someone with a keen ability in Hakuda, you should know that you shouldn’t be smoking under any circumstances. You’re supposed to maintain your physical form as best as you can, not hinder it with something that’s going to make your lungs weaker…”

Shiori winced. It was one thing to be reprimanded for something by the usual instructors. Sure they had authority, but nothing like what the 4th seat of the Division. You know, someone she'd have loved to get Hakuda training from. Oh, and the 5th seat was here too? Hell, he was probably the other person she spotted when she came up here and she didn't even notice who he actually was. Boy, today was mighty embarrassing.

So Shiori sat up, apologetically kneeling before the two officers. While the girl didn't have much respect for many noble houses at any level, she did find certain individuals within them worthy of respecting. And regardless of how she felt, he was right about the smoking.

"I-I'm sorry, I... I'm trying to quit like I promised! I only smoke them in emergencies. Like right now. I figured I'd just finish the last pack off. It hasn't effected my training, I swear."

Shit, listen to you. You sound like a clueless dumbass. Just shut up already!

Apologies were never Shiori's thing, so whatever she said more than likely sounded awkward and meandering, like a rambling fool. She'd need another smoke after this. Thankfully she had her last 4 cigarettes squirreled away somewhere in her uniform.

“You’re one of the top hakuda students in the academy. Is something troubling you

A seated officer taking even a vague interest in something that was bothering her? That wasn't something Shiori was expecting. The bit about her being one of the top Hakuda students made her feel a bit better, but still. She only looked up at Zhou for a moment before she sat up, still kneeling as she rested her hands on her knees, clenching handfuls of her uniform. Knowing what to say was currently beyond her, so she listed off what she could clearly quantify.

"Nothing out of the ordinary. More arguments with teachers, I'm too rough during Hakuda sparring, I punch people during Zanjutsu sparring, the usual. Every time I try to work harder, I somehow overstep bounds. When I back off, suddenly I'm lazy or slacking off. At least no one's said anything about my parents in a while. It's all stuff that's under someone of the two of yours pay grade anyway. Nothing for you to worry about, sir."

Last edited:

Zhou_Feng

Illustration1284.png

e80b7461ca42670e8e45925398ec8ac5.png

"Oki-sama never returned. I kept an eye out for her but… there has not even been the slightest glint of her presence."

He spoke in an all too familiar tone. With the way Asahi even began the conversation, Zhou had a strong feeling that maybe he shouldn’t have asked the question all together. Regardless, there the two of them were – one with that robotic expression, the other giggling their little heart out. Soon after, it seemed as though Asahi sealed his weapon, continuing the conversation at hand.

Sitting next to Asahi, Zhou listened to each and every individual word that left his mouth. It was obvious Asahi hadn't followed Zhou's request, but alas, it wasn't something to harp over. The issue wasn't for Honoka's safety --in fact, it was just the opposite. A powerful Shinigami that's had a complete and utter crappy event after the other, there was only so much one could take before one exploded.

"Not a biggie I guess but why did you leave a drunk and disheveled woman to find her way back?"

With Asahi's questioning, Zhou wondered what was going on within his head. Had he underestimated Asahi's hoho ability? From the Academy to the gates would have been child's play to intercept the current unseated member. Maybe Asahi had misinterpreted his message – or maybe Honoka was so quick that she was able to move from the gates to another location that Asahi wouldn't have been able to trace her movements or reiatsu in any capacity. Although a number of thoughts ran through his head, Zhou parted his own lips to respond to Asahi in a direct, simple fashion, just as the question he asked previously.

"I didn't. I left her at the gate to be accompanied by you … per the message sent. I thought I gave you enough time to intercept her. Regardless, she'll be fine. Maybe she needs some time to herself anyway."

There wasn’t much more to dwell on. She was gone, and her whereabouts, honestly, could have been discovered with ease, but Zhou truly felt that there was something she needed to do. Although he would have preferred her sobriety, Zhou’s decision to let one of the oldest souls wander the Rukongai would either turn out to be a boon or an error – only time would tell. With this decision, Zhou soon made his way over to the student, along with his companion, Asahi.

With not one, but the two of them together, the student soon displayed respect – not for their titles outside of the Gotei 13, but for their rankings within the division. Although they two were teachers, they held a significant rank within the division. After the comical display with her cigarette, she soon found herself apologetically about the floor. For some reason, she spoke of an emergency… yet Zhou had not sensed yet a twinge of danger. There weren’t any sort of fluctuations of reiatsu nor any sort of signs of physical issues within the vicinity. What could Shiori have been referring to?

Soon enough though, she explained, speaking of personal issues with teachers, and other trivial information regarding her time during the Academy. With the situation being explained as something minor, Zhou's attention remained primarily fixated on the student. Zhou blinked, but the entire time, his facial expression did not change. It was like she was genuinely talking to an android. With this unreadable demeanor, he waited until she finished completely before finally interjecting.

“Your Hakuda skills are definitely … something to take note of. Especially with your ability and the fact that you’re still a student in the academy, you have a very unique ceiling. You have the very potential to master Hakuda in itself. Although I will continue to remind you that it is important to use your body to the highest degree, I will also remind you that you are still in the Academy.”

Zhou said, taking a brief silence only to continue further.

“The purpose of the Academy is to sharpen your abilities so that you blossom into the division member you will one day will be. If you squander the time that you have now, you won’t be prepared for the world that you will one day be in. What I’m saying is, punching people when you’re meant to be learning Zanjutsu may feel right now, and perhaps on the battlefield, it’s something that you might want to do, but…”

The blue haired male said as he still held that empty look about his gaze.

“You won’t grow from doing this, not here. Take in and absorb everything in your lessons because once you leave the Academy, everything you do will be on you. There won’t be teachers to give you grades on how well you do one thing or another. Instead, your life will be evaluated. Your every decision will dictate who you are and how far you go. I understand the natural inclination to use your main style of fighting, especially when in a certain situation, but for now…”

He trailed off once more, turning away from the student.

“Grow as much as you can. Pull off those badass punches that you do in your Zanjutsu classes out on the field when or... if you get out of here. Show those teachers how disgusting Hakuda can be. And don't even think about pulling your punches in any of my classes, Ashina.”

Zhou appeared to be walking away, only to stop for a moment. His nose twitched as he made an audible noise apparent to both Asahi and Shiori.

“Tch.”

He turned his face, so that only one of his silver orbs would have looked in Shiori’s direction. He paused his movements so that they could both see the look of disdain that was painted about his face towards the fact that she still had more of those cigarettes on her persons. She was able to visually witness that scar on his lip, a definite moniker of the Hakuda instructor.

“Instead of using those cigarettes to relieve your stress, why not use your body instead? You’re good at Hakuda; why not become better?”

Zhou simply said as he closed his eyes, allowing for Asahi to say his piece if need be. There was something that sparked an interest in Zhou earlier, something that simply had his mind ensnared from the meeting with the Elder to this instance currently. Zhou had a number of routes he could take in developing himself, but there was one that called out to him more so than anything. And with this, Zhou made his way onto the training grounds of the Academy, where the instructor began to analyze his surroundings with all of his senses. With him there, he sat down, crossing his legs. His hands were placed onto his knees as he practiced his breathing – the same thing he had brought to Shiori’s attention with her cigarettes.

Aiya Nameplate.png

"Aiya"

The young soul stopped in her tracks before turning to face him hearing her name. She could tell immediately he was about to tell her something serious, much like how most adults tend to speak when getting some point across in a serious way, without attempting to be considered too mean or strict in the lesson. In natural reaction she closed her eyes feeling his lips press against her forehead before hearing him speak the next words, opening her heterochromia eyes, allowing them to lock with his.

"I will always support you in all things if merely for the reason that you see me for who I really am. However I need you to promise me that if the situation arises that you will seek to do your duty first even if it that means that I may be hurt as a result. As it is of course the duty of any Shinigami in the 4th Division to see to the injured and dying by matter of time and priority. Promise me you won't neglect this"

Now normally It wouldn't bug Aiya to be reminded her duties and what not of what was required of her. Normally she would brush it off and keep her sweet optimistic attitude. However, if there is one thing you never do to a Munetoshi, you never send into question of their duty.

"Masahiko."

She spoke allowing the optimistic tone to drop from her voice allowing a serious side only a few manage to actually see her bring out. She allowed the bright eyed girl she tend to be to suddenly disappear, allowing a more deadly serious side of sourness to writ itself on her face.

"We are raised and brought into the Munetoshi for one purpose. To fulfill the duties that is required of us as Shinigami, first and foremost. All other duties outside will always take second to the nature we are taught whether born into the family or brought into it from the Rukongai through the selections a few of us uphold. To question me or another of the family if we hold duties of the two lives differently can be very laughable. We uphold our Shinigami duties till the day, we no longer are deemed worthy to bare our blades against those who harm the soul cycle above all idle things. So never think to question my priorities."

She allowed a deadly vemon of seriousness to leak through her words along with a cold stare threatening to cut him to shreds. She closed her eyes taking two steps back before turning a 180 degrees on her heels taking two steps forward before stopping again, lacing her hands together behind her back before looking back at him over her left shoulder. a sweet optimistic signature look was back on her face.

"Besides, being a medic means whoever I am to help will further possibly help you, regardless of the situation."

Any signs of the girl infront of him was all gone only leaving sweet optimistic Aiya.

Vesper

20202020_1.png

“I didn't. I left her at the gate to be accompanied by you … per the message sent. I thought I gave you enough time to intercept her. Regardless, she'll be fine. Maybe she needs some time to herself anyway.”

Asahi raised a brow to the other male but his existing expression otherwise did not change. It was evident that she didn’t arrive within the boundaries of the school, which would have attracted his attention. He had been occupied with keeping an eye on the grounds and surrounding area, as well as his… extracurricular activities. His attention was certainly split given what he was up to, but not enough to have missed such a detail. The former second member simply lacked the specification of which gate she was left. There were so many within the Seireitei. The ones that connected to the Rukon, the gates of each division, the Academy grounds, and so on. He was not upset by the words that were spoken. As if he could have the capacity to experience such an emotion. Yet he was not one to let such a statement of oversight go unchecked.

"If she had come to the Academy, I’d have greeted her. She never arrived here. If you are referencing the Seireitei’s gates, that was not clear in the message. Specifications are key, silly."

His eyes closed as he tilted his head with his maintained grin. It was unlikely that much would happen with her. It was even entirely possible that she had gone back to what remained of her family. Asahi couldn’t be bothered to care much for speculation that would bear no fruit.

There came little time before Zhou had made his way over toward the smoking student, an action that Asahi himself mirrored. Rarely had he found anyone making their way up here, so curiosity did strike him. Some may find it disrespectful to smoke on campus grounds but Asahi couldn’t care less. Especially since they at least bothered to do so outside and away from others. Concern rang from the other instructor, voicing his opinion on the fact that such a bad habit could bring about stamina issues with the student’s combative efforts. It certainly may be possible but Souls were not as fragile as the living when it came to such things. Outcomes like the abuse of substances wouldn’t likely amount to much. Yet who knows, maybe there’d be that one case. And maybe that case would be within this particular student. So precautions are still understandable, especially on someone so young.

Words continued to flow with excuses thrown out from the Shinigami in training, ones that seemed to fall at least partially on deaf ears from Feng. It wasn’t something out of him not caring but it seemed that at least the reasons weren’t something that warranted such a habit. His words continued on her own, while Asahi just watched, sifting through his garments to withdraw a small wrapped candy. He tried to stealthily unravel what bound it with minimal sound but some minor crinkling still transpired. It wasn’t likely to attract any attention but for some reason the Clown thought that he needed to do so. Once it had been freed he placed the small sweet within his maw. The flavor immediately brought a wave of contentment to him, which was as expected for something he crafted himself. What better way to get what you want out of a treat than to make it tailored for yourself.

For a moment it had seemed that Zhou’s exposition had concluded as he turned to leave the scene, yet then he pivoted back. His words continued to ring out to the youthful Soul.

“Instead of using those cigarettes to relieve your stress, why not use your body instead? You’re good at Hakuda; why not become better?”

The silver-eyed teacher’s words were objectively true. There were many that came into the Academy with baggage, Asahi himself was not spared of such a history so there was certainly a common thread there. Yet working out the stress constructively yielded both relief, as well as progress. That sentiment of the higher ranked reaper was delivered with a pause after its finale. One that brought about a shifting glance between the two individuals from the peculiar male. Should he speak? He figured ‘why not’?

”He’s not wrong. Find yourself a partner to throw hands with! Even if that means going up against someone who doesn’t use Hakuda! In fact that could be better sometimes.”

Surely there were other students that’d welcome a friend spar here and there. Or maybe even one of the instructors. It was wholly possible that Zhou may even partake at this moment.

The conclusion of their verbal exchange was followed by Feng making his way to the training grounds. The Clown planned to follow but he remained for the time being to see exactly what Shiori had decided to do.

Skinwalker

1fb0557f1e0899feb36f786fa2a54abf.png

Illustration1284.png
"Masahiko."

Reacting solely off of pure instinct, the noblemen could feel the nigh endless wells of power wanting to force itself to the surface to suppress the sudden threat that Aiya's own power had now presented. However, just as fast as he could feel this occuring he would immediately seek to mentally dial back only just enough for his own reiatsu to simply force Aiya's away from his person. Meanwhile in the surrounding area the nearby citizens in the vicinity were beginning to experience a sensation not dissimilar to the moment of death itself where one can feel nothing more than a cold embrace emanating in the air from the two Shinigami.
"We are raised and brought into the Munetoshi for one purpose. To fulfill the duties that is required of us as Shinigami, first and foremost. All other duties outside will always take second to the nature we are taught whether born into the family or brought into it from the Rukongai through the selections a few of us uphold. To question me or another of the family if we hold duties of the two lives differently can be very laughable. We uphold our Shinigami duties till the day, we no longer are deemed worthy to bare our blades against those who harm the soul cycle above all idle things. So never think to question my priorities."

It would appear as though I've put my own foot in my mouth. I didn't think to consider the type of effect her own family would have on her simply due to her disposition. Why would her circumstances be unlike mine after all? I'm such a fool for thinking anything otherwise.

Masahiko was not at all familiar with this side of the Munetoshi heiress in the slightest, and the suddenness of her change in mood was quite unsettling.

Had she always been this cold?

"Besides, being a medic means whoever I am to help will further possibly help you, regardless of the situation."

And just like that her mood had changed once more; her reiatsu ceasing to permeate in the air, leaving only a surprised Masahiko as his own reiatsu was much slower to disperse in the atmosphere. Now feeling somewhat embarassed with himself he would turn away from her as he attempted to regain his composure.

"Understood. Let's not dawdle then"

In truth he did understand the nature of why his betrothed would become offended at such a suggestion. So instead of continuing further he would instead choose to reflect at another time. For now he would put his mind toward remembering to maintain that same level of resolve when carrying out his own duties.

I won't offend her a second time by being a hypocrite