[BSD-RP] Soul Society: Central Seireitei

Dan

438d96af825e154e0c7cf39eb618f540.png

It wasn't unusual for Kiyobu to remain in the quiet space of the library, far from the commotion of the other students and far from the dramas, the rumours, and talks about things that didn't benefit him much in furthering his academic grades. It is his final year, and he feels compelled to apply himself fully, so much as to sacrifice most social interactions he deems distracting to his learning. For this reason, he remained in the quiet space of the library. At the same time, students would flock to their classmates and lose complete and utter composure over the news and announcements ringing through the hallways advising who the winner is. Kiyobu's denreishinki vibrated against the wooden desk as he saw the pop-ups appearing on his phone, briefly mentioning the outcome and winner.

From the corner of his eyes, he noticed 'Kenpachi Hagareshi', the new honorific title embedded into her name, sounded powerful and conveyed the deepest levels of respect and strength. Kiyobu only knew a few things about the current Captains of the Gotei 13, barely scratching beneath the surface of their achievements and powers. Things such as their tenure, recent accomplishments and innovations or changes made to Soul Society were only known to him, which was just their history, but to understand them deeper is something he will need to seek out on his own once he's become a Shinigami. Watching the games itself would've been an excellent starter to familiarise himself more with their power, but what was broadcasted on television would've been riddled with blurs and flashes; not even the cameras could keep up frame by frame. It'd be physically impossible to. Since the battle would've exceeded the sense of eyes and relied more on one's spiritual senses, which was gatekept by just how good they are at it. Students couldn't possibly grasp or follow in person—and Shinigami—except for the higher seated ones, would barely make out images in their minds being more descriptive of the Captain's actions, let alone through screens... so he instead invested his time in additional reading.

It wasn't before long he started hearing the light footfall of a classmate coming closer, choosing to still keep his eyes glued to the texts. He also, in part, focused on the sounds her feet made, playing a guessing game to himself to guess he's gotten it correct, but each name that came to mind was soon to all be disproven. It was peculiar, but he immediately recognised how this individual walked slightly differently. For the most part, girls had a much lighter footstep and shorter pacing, mainly attributed to their height and, on an average, more slender frame. But he also sensed a hint of the manner her feet paced across the timber floorboards... not slouchy, lazy, and neither was it too firm; but rather graceful. Such clues suggested that this girl was of an upper class of souls, perhaps even on a similar societal level as he was. Perhaps maybe Aiya? It was the only other name that popped into his mind.
"Hi Kiyobu, why are you sitting here all alone and not hanging with all the various groups , gossiping about the games and it's victor?"​
—and just like that, his train of thoughts ended, having guessed right as a smirk painted his face, befalling his gaze upon her presenting herself before him.
"Aiya... Hello there!" he exclaimed in a contradictorily softly spoken tone, "I feel like it's a waste of my time, we're graduating this year, and I want to make the most of what time we have left," he said, pausing briefly to himself "I'm assuming you're returning your weekly readings? Also... I have a question, what are your thoughts on Hollows, are you looking forward to facing your first one when you do?" he juxtaposed, very curious on her response on the latter as he was just covering the content deeper in his readings.
624fc637fa44a246e746d30b14d5a3a0.png

name plate 12.png

Aiya smiled moving the seat out just enough for her tiny figure to slip into it's seat, placing the book infront of her. She listened to his greeting before listening to his reasoning.

"It is hard to believe it has already been six years. It seems like just a year or two ago, my twin siblings were here, setting their marks in the Shinigami world. I hope I can fill those shoes."

She closed her eyes in thought before nodding in silent thought agreement before opening her eyes again to speak her response, a bit confused with the first part.

"We have not had classes for about a day? Don't stress your brain before you get to becoming a Shinigami. As for my thoughts on hollows. I think they are scary, but I also believe they are misunderstood and can hold a bit of light or resemblance of the soul they once was. Though, I do not think the squad I choose is going to really be dealing with hollows as much as possibly the Shinigami that instead will."

She replied. She was always known for believing every living being has some good in them, no matter how bad they truly are. To Aiya, they are all souls right? At some time, those souls held a light. To her, one can never completely disregard the good that was once inside them, no matter how bad. Cause to her, to be considered bad, someone at some point had to acknowledge, there was something good to be turned to bad.

Dan

1660053441874.png

The smirk which painted his face soon changed, expressing mild warmth to Aiya as she took it for herself to sit in her seat opposing him. While cushioning her fall against the leather seating, Kiyobu waved his left hand over the desk to move any additional texts that were just left clustered, making room for her textbooks to be neatly placed as he stacked his readings into a tower at the corner of their spacious desk. While he re-arranged the space before them and listened to her, his mild facial expression quickly turned into a quizzical one. "Did I miss this all these years, or am I just finding this out now? How fascinating it is to have siblings who are already Shinigami..." He thought to himself as his head nodded to a small degree, gesturing that he was listening if, in any case, she thought Kiyobu wasn't from looking preoccupied putting away the scrolls and books he had left on the table.

By the time he was done making the desk look neat, he had turned his eyes back to look at her, gazing at her with his hand folded beneath his chin, holding it up as his face rested on it.
"We have not had classes for about a day? Don't stress your brain before you get to becoming a Shinigami. As for my thoughts on hollows. I think they are scary, but I also believe they are misunderstood and can hold a bit of light or resemblance of the soul they once was. Though, I do not think the squad I choose is going to really be dealing with hollows as much as possibly the Shinigami that instead will."​

An eyebrow raised as he pucked his lips, scratching his chin.

"Yes, well. A day not studying and training is a day wasted to me..."

He softly spoke, pausing for a moment as his facial expression wasn't due to her questioning the day off. But more so her response to Hollows. Kiyobu disagreed with her... he views hollows as evil. As a force to be destroyed. They disrupt the balance of the world and corrupt the soul. They exist to harm. Their morals and ethics are about being the strongest and dominating everyone else. Without Shinigami to police them, existence as we know it would be chaos. They kill indiscriminately to obtain power and will do anything to remain unopposed when they are at the top. It goes against Kiyobu's ideals and family beliefs, against his very nature. To him, hollows are like cancer to the soul... this view extends to even those visored Captains, having no choice but to tolerate the disdain he feels... If they were such great Shinigami, why not be selfless and cleanse yourself, reborn as a pure soul, and not rely on borrowed powers? Are the visored Captains not strong enough without them?

On top of that... it is capital punishment for seeking this power. Who is to say the Visored Captains didn't try to manipulate the narrative in their favour to acquire it? Kiyobu was highly sceptical about it all. And with all the reading and additional learning he's done, it only further cemented his view on all hollows.

"Hollows... light...?"..."No." He said with a firm resolve in his tone. "Their very existence threatens the balance and structure of everything we know. They're a parasite to the soul... gnawing away until nothing is left. There is no light. Only instinct and the negative emotions they consume. Nothing they do is morally right, like how cancer takes resources to grow itself with no benefit to the host, eventually overwhelming it. It destroys homeostasis and eventually kills the host along with itself. That's what hollows are!" he continued as if he were compartmentalising his thoughts... "And those Visored Shinigami that carry that same corruption are Captains???" Kiyobu rolled his eyes with a visibly sour expression.

"Forgive me if I came off unpleasant... But it's why it will be our job to destroy them, even if you choose a squad with fewer interactions with Hollows... I'd still be mindful and alerted to the Shinigami carrying that same corruption in our midst." he finished speaking, inhaling before exhaling to vent out any anxiety he felt attempting to 'educate' her. It was almost like a vent. He was partly surprised just how much heart she had... He couldn't wrap his head around it in any way he tried to. Is Aiya just that naive? Time will only tell...​
1660053457210.png

Ody

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
֍ Kururu Nagahiro ֍
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1660126170220.png

It had been quite a while since Kururu had at long last decided to climb the ranks. The dust had settled from all the chaos and the Academy was bustling more than it had been in quite some time. Walking around the Academy grounds she smiled blissfully at the young would-be Shinigami, exchanging greetings here and there. Some of the former students were now seated officers of her own Division, proudly serving the campus they had lived in not long ago. Some were transfers. Either way, she was positively giddy to see such a renwed interest in her family - the Third Division. Of course, a few things remained obstacles. She was optimistic about her new Captain as it had been centuries without a true leader, and they now had all of the top seats filled. It was refreshing to Kururu. She was quite eager to get to know Captain Oki, the enigmatic elder Shinigami formerly disgraced now had a chance for redemption. Kururu cared little for any past transgressions and only wanted to see her beloved Division thrive with such a strong and admirable Captain at the helm. She would still have to show the young buck Mr. Fēng how her old bones could still fight.
A new Kenpachi announced to the surprise of nobody as to whom earned it. She thought it was great to see such a young up-and-coming Shinigami gain such a prestigious title, she pondered about herself trying for it, but such a position full of violence was better served by her more aggressive junior.

Her mind was awash with what else would unfold in the coming months.

Last edited: