[BSD-RP] Soul Society: Central Seireitei

BSD

Administrator
1e1f26efa8b659797d6883832b6f3e84.png

69fc43681e734b81fd851ce55f5387fe.png

"I would have gone with, 'You scratch my back, I scratch yours'."
Honoka smiled gratefully at the young girl after clearing the red stain from her face. The casualness in their exchange would be sure to send chills down the spines of those young shinigami that never saw cruelty before them like this. They were often so sheltered, so veiled from the realities of life. It was not their fault they simply weren't be able to stomach such gruesome truths. But those present were all entirely different from the shinigami yet to be hardened by life. They stood motionless, expressionless, awaiting their orders.
"What are you saying, Lieutenant Oki? Of course, we execute them on the spot... You should recall as a former lieutenant of said division."
"I see, so things haven't changed."
Honoka had to verify, after all, it had been so many years from her time in Second Division, perhaps things had changed, perhaps they'd gotten softer than she. It was good to hear otherwise from the very Lieutenant of the division.
She would brush aside the lifeless, treacherous hand that had dared to soil her face with blood off her lap, then sigh softly as she reopened her fan with a quick flick of her wrist, all to absentmindedly fan herself. Honoka dismissed the members of her division to leave her with Yasu and their guests; she needed to be completely alone with the Lieutenant once again. Her eyes followed them as they exited quickly on her command, once the entire group was distant enough from earshot, she would finally turn her gaze to acknowledge the lifeless bodies that lay before them in a large pool of their own blood for the first time.
"What do you think the punishment for a captain, their lieutenant, and quite possibly the entirety of the squad, would be if Captain Commander Murasaki were to find out about his squad members reporting to another captain?"
Her voice was stern as she spoke, she needed Yasu to understand the gravity of the situation Honoka was presented with. It wasn't a threat, quite the opposite, a warning. Hopefully the message was read clearly, and she would have to take no further action. And with word spreading amongst the shinigami as they sat in the Lieutenants Hall, perhaps that in itself it would serve as enough of a deterrent for any disloyal or treasonous thoughts anyone would have against the very Division that heads the entirety of the Gotei Thirteen.
"...Scary..."
Honoka mumbled softly behind her fan as she slowly began slipping cookie, after cookie into her mouth while traumatic memories came rushing back of what he would deem a "slap on the wrist". No one could begin to fathom what sort of grueling, horrific, twisted punishment one would receive as a sentence from the man. Perhaps death would be a mercy. It would be something that would worry her indefinitely, not for herself, but for those younger than she still hoping to achieve things in their lives. It would be a great shame to see the light in their eyes extinguished by one bad choice. She couldn't protect everyone, a sad truth she came to learn at a young age, but at least now she had the power to protect those she held dearly in her heart.

Last edited by a moderator:

BSD

Administrator
untitled_drawing_by_raahmen-ddcboxe.png

1771dad43ce883c7ed9cac9adc5ba340.png

b35df29f58c27c96f012aa7238fc3970.png

“I see, so things haven’t changed.”
Yasu nodded, and the sound of Honoka’s fan opening caused her eyes to lift and look at the amazon before her. Even sitting, the older woman towered over her tiny stature. Rocking back and forth in her seat, Yasu had crossed her legs and the sound of feet pattering caught her attention at the receding shinigami. Once they had left, Yasu had gotten up from her seat and walked around, lifting the closest lifeless body and dragged it back to where the other two rested, haphazardously tossing it like a bag of trash. As she moved, she could hear Honoka begin again and let out a little hum of acknowledgment.
“Surely imprisonment, disbandment, banishment, destruction of their reiryoku chambers; even death is plausible, Honoka-san.” Yasu dusted her hands off one another and let out a yawn. Eating so many snacks and having a show to go with it had honestly tired her out; not to mention the private training session earlier. “Sou-taichou is…”
What was the word she was looking for? Scratching her head, Yasu looked to be deep in thought when Honoka voiced, “Scary…” Yeah. Scary. Frightening. Sweat dribbled down her temple in memory of her first encounter with the Captain Commander. It was by accident. The exchange was nothing short of a greeting, but the presence of the man alone was enough to send the bubbly idiot into a state of incapacitation. However, Lieutenant Honoka had arrived in no time to take her away for their tea time. The man had all the right to be feared.
Yasu. Can I have them?
Yasu’s body stilled as Odei’s voice rang through her head, and the tenseness of her body would inevitably cause Honoka to question her health. It wasn’t so much of a health concern, but Yasu always panicked when Odei made contact with her. Odei's aura seeped in through her mind, and it sent Yasu’s body to become unbalanced due to the suffocating presence Odei possessed.
The dead?
Yes. They are of no use to your superiors, correct?
I suppose I could ask to make sure. Do not get excited. I’m starting to falter.
Yes. I’m sorry it’s difficult, so please continue to bear with me.

“Mm… Ne, Honoka-san. Is it okay for me to keep these?” Had Honoka looked, Yasu would be pointing at the pile of dead shinigami. If needed an explanation, Yasu would offer an apology for the sudden and rather crude request. “Odei wants to add to her collection. If they are of no use to the First Division any longer, I can take them off of your hands. Don’t you want to hide this from Sou-taichou since executions are supposed to be done at Sōkyoku Hill?”

BSD

Administrator
f0ef9d097f8e310f61e8f2c65fcfd9a8.png

1e1f26efa8b659797d6883832b6f3e84.png

The smaller girl's voice snapped her back from wherever her mind had trailed off too. "...keep these?" Honoka turned to the her, then followed the girls arm, to see where her dainty finger was pointing. Honoka's first thought was that Yasu wanted some of the delicacies laid out before them, until her eyes landed on the dead bodies piled up on floor. After the initial confusion subsided, she listened to the explanation.
"I'm afraid not, Yasu."
She gave an apologetic smile to Yasu, who seemed uncomfortable at the very question she'd asked, before continuing,
"Only special executions happen on Sōkyoku Hill. In part, a reason why I didn't waste Captain Commander's time with this."
Honoka sighed yet again. While she was usually one to happily indulge Yasu, regrettably, this was one of the few rare occasions she wouldn't be able to. Whatever motivations Honoka had for this display would remain known only to her, as it became increasingly clear that her message went above her favorite guest's head. Perhaps she'd attempt it a different day, maybe a different method, maybe she would be pleasantly surprised, and her message was somehow delivered, and that would be the end of it. But she wasn't exactly one to leave things to chance.
Honoka lightly ruffled Yasu's soft pink hair, and the flower atop her head.
"Well, Yasu-chan. I've stolen enough of your time, and the small amount I had seems to be dwindling as we speak."
Yasu's yawn didn't go unnoticed. She'd gesture with her opened fan to the table between them. Any snacks she could carry, she could take. She'd shift her weight forward to her knees, then in a fluid motion back, the momentum of her weight shift had her on her feet. A truly effortless motion on her part. She'd pull down on her stained vest, jerking it back in place. This was the perfect chance for Yasu to do away with the hoard of sweets and treats, maybe even sneak a nap in before Kyomu could find her. While Honoka would take care of the corpses, and eventually retreat to her private quarters.

BSD

Administrator
e4689a2f15a7dd7eadfffa2a45fd61a8.png

65b01cd9f95b3277d009b2b911ac9f3a.png

[Returning from Rukongai]
A single gust of wind swept across the open grounds of the First Division Barracks, and with its passing came Captain Kyomu Mukuro. His journey back to the Seireitei was a short one. Instead of returning to his Division's Barracks he found himself impeding upon the central grounds of the Head Captain's Barracks. He walked forward, just a image, and barely one at that. There was no reiatsu to be sensed, no sound or heartbeat to be heard, no presence to be felt; it was uncertain if there was truly a shadow even being cast upon the ground on which he tread. He was both there and not, simultaneously existing while not existing, a walking contradiction. A living paradox.
38edc8e835db460583a716ada1fbce7c.png

A single body appeared directly before the Second Division Captain, head bowed and lowered on one knee. Sword secured to his back, body clad in black with identity obscured behind a mask, he was without question a member of the Stealth Force. Kyomu stood before him, eyes cold as steel stared down at the subordinate, piercing him beneath the Captain's sharp gaze.
"Sir! Vice-Captain Yasu is currently inside the First Division's Barracks. She's been with Head Lieutenant Oki. It seems that the sleepers that had infiltrated the First Squad...have been terminated. However the Vice Captain should still be oblivious given her nature."
Captain Mukuro kept the male frozen beneath his gaze. It was impossible to tell what thoughts were fleeting through his mind as he heard the report. His hand still resting on his Zanpakuto. "I see." He muttered, more to himself than the subordinate before him. He moved pass the Onmitsukido agent, speaking as he continued to advance further into the Barracks of the First.
"Execute my order, the regular members of the Second Squad are to remain inside the Maggots Nest in the space secured for them. The current residents are to remain isolated on the opposite side until this is over. Send someone to retrieve the idiot from Honoka, be swift about it. Don't bother trying to engage her directly. Their priority should be to secure Yasu and leave, preferably outside the Seireitei. All other members of the Stealth Force are to secure the remaining Division Barracks, let no one leave. There are a handful of troublesome ones scattered about. Tell the men if they have to die to slow them down, then do it. The others should capitalize on the opening the moment its presented. Five of you lingering in the dark...on me. Move to the necessary coordinates around the barracks as instructed and maintain position...no matter what."
He glanced over his shoulder for a single moment before continuing on. Eyes narrowed as the agent nodded his head silently, vanishing without any perceived movement on his part.
5405ee5d266a4d0314518920f5f08a2a.png

Shortly after Kyomu's instructions bodies one after the other bled from the shadows throughout the Seireitei. Several small objects, appearing as little more than simple daggers came piercing through the windows of the Head Lieutenant, each one targeting one of her visible extremities; both eyes, both carotid arteries, both shoulders along with the center of her throat. No sooner had the glass shattered to make way for the silently soaring blades were they intended to make some manner of contact. As if traveling along their shadow, came a streak of black, darting inside the room. One could hardly tell if feet ever truly made contact with anything other than air, a man cloaked in black with blade at his left hip moved to grab Yasu. Such a brazen attack launched towards the Head Lieutenant, certainly a mere minion did not believe something of that caliber would take her out? Though his was partially concealed, his eyes lacked a sense of arrogance. No, he didn't seem to think or believe that would be enough to deal with Honoka Oki, still he continued onward. His mind was focused, fixed on one thing, and one thing only; secure the Lieutenant and run. If he was struck somehow, secure the Lieutenant and run. If he lost an arm, secure the Lieutenant and run. A leg, a lung. So long as life still flowed through him he knew his task, and would complete it no matter what. Everything else came secondary, even his well being.

BSD

Administrator
untitled_drawing_by_raahmen-ddcboxe.png

1771dad43ce883c7ed9cac9adc5ba340.png

After being denied on the bodies, Honoka offered up the remainders of snacks left on the table. With a small frown, Yasu stretched her arms overhead and gave a slight shrug upon her elder’s apologies. Not really expecting a yes, the pink-haired lieutenant just passed the message along to Odei, who offered her saddened understanding. However, Yasu, of course, had other plans with the bodies. Internally, she was annoyed. Unbeknownst to every single shinigami, Yasu was rather intelligent beneath the idiotic facade she painted herself under, but it proved to work in her favor more than anything, so she figured why not? Looking down at the bodies, she could only chew on the inside of her cheek. What exactly would the captain do now? If these idiots got caught, was it a good idea to keep sending defaults?
The light ruffling of her hair earned a small smile on Yasu’s face, and she eyed the tasty sweets once again when Honoka offered it to her. Yasu could only admire her superior’s kindness to her, even among the warning she pressed on her upon the execution of her division affiliated peers. Not that it was necessarily her problem. After all, she didn’t know any better. Stockpiling the sweets up on the inside of her clothes, she even continued to stuff her mouth with sweets and other assortments when the familiar smell of her Taichou filled her senses and caused her to stiffen. Yasu could only seeth inwardly and keep her face as neutral as possible when as the presence outside had begun to get heavier.
Having already released her Shikai, the black mass would have shielded her from the glass and other projectiles that flew through the window and panicked. Shit, what was her reaction supposed to be? Shit, shit, shit, shit! "HONOKA-SAN!” Ah, good, yes. Concern. She was genuine with this. After all, she didn’t exactly think something like this would happen so suddenly. And then she was being carried off in the next instant. Confusion laced in her expression, Yasu violently whipped her head around to look at her abductor, anger flaring in those hardened plum orbs of hers. Why were they moving now? What did Taichou do after their meeting?
There were so many questions and so little time, Yasu could only let herself struggle against the subordinate that held onto her. She frantically searched around; for Honoka, for Kyomu. Whatever she had to do would have to be explained later. As of right now, she could only keep still in order to not prevent any hindering to the one carrying her, but she had no say for whatever Honoka may do depending on her response to those deadly projectiles aimed at her upon arrival. Now she was actually dumb, wondering just exactly why and what was going on. All she wanted was some snacks and a nap. Now here she was in the beginning outbreak of possible civil war. Dear Soul King, make her actually stupid.