[BSD-RP] Soul Society: Northeast Seireitei

half portrait name plate.png

"I'll, er, text someone to let you in,"

Yua allowed her train of random thought to fall off the tracks coming back into reality before she noticed that instead of having the one she was told was Lt. Ise. She was now alone with the poor girl that was once hunched over. She had zoned out at first, trying to handle her nerves about this mission. It was getting the better of her, that was for sure.

Yua stood straight up, relaxing as she watched the girl pull out a denreishinki before dialing one of the device's who-knows-how-many-contacts in its depths. She attempted to pay attention, hanging on to every soundless tap and movement of the woman's fingers. every second seemed a century to Yua, just hoping for an answer of 'go on in, or this way.' She needed something to distract her from her nervousness that was boiling to the surface.

However, her nervousness stopped dead in its tracks, recoiling back into the depth of her mind as she relaxed, hearing the fellow Shinigami address her again.

"It is not a problem, really, I am sure the Lt. is a very, very busy woman, and I understand she has her duties to tend to as well."

Yua replied, shaking her hands nervously before quickly hiding them behind her, messing with the ends of her hair as she listened to the female announce herself. Yua nodded, allowing a relaxed smile to rest on her lips before she moved her hands back in front, allowing a pocket memo pad to slide from her sleeves along with a pen before flipping through some pages, finding one she liked before writing down something.

"Momo...monoi Momotomo! Wow-what a name, a pretty name! But goes by Noi!" She spoke in a light whisper, taking some form of note for something. Within a few seconds, she lifted her left hand before sliding the notebook back inside along with the pen. She turned her pastel purple-eyed gaze to Noi. The girl was a sweetheart for attempting to accommodate her unannounced guest. Usually, Yua would decline; however, all she dealt with today, She was more than willing to accept something while waiting. Maybe this will help keep her nerves down.

"Oh, if you don't mind, I would be willing to accept some tea. I just raced over here from the Fifth, on my captain's orders. It has been a... exciting day at the barracks." She said nervously, allowing her left hand to scratch the back of her head. "I would accept food, but my nerves and any kind of non-liquid substance, don't exactly blend well, and I would hate to make a mess in your division. that would be rude and unladylike."

Awkward Heals

Illustration1284.png

ff7171a7ab76e79b56493532beda3841.png

Curious eyes watched yet the woman remained silent. The urge to comfort the man rose up, and quickly pushed away. Despite affection, despite all the help she had given. A boundary rose between them. It was her duty and delight to give him knowledge. The same could not be said for his confidence. To continue to doubt himself while she beamed would be his own hurdle to overcome. Perfection had not been expected from him. Any mistake taught more than Junko ever could. A tear found its way to the surface, shocking them both. Junko merely blinked in surprise. Her smile did not waver. Mizu continued to mull over the situation. Careful to not allow the same for herself, she observed the changes in his face. The way he appeared deep in thought. Upset. Then perhaps a little aggravated. Anxiety rolled through him before he seemed to settle. A smile now upon his face. Her eyes softened.

Her small hands clapped together before her face.

"He is expected to make a complete recovery. You did well,"

A figure behind him took her attention. A nod of her head and the woman approached. Noticeably sweating from rushing back and forth. Yet her cheeks were flushed darker than expected. Junko's head tilted to the side in confusion. It was easy to suppose a Division like Sixth would want proof of the matter. Such resistance was to be expected. Yet the woman appeared far too flustered. Looking between the two of them. Worried eyes finally locked upon Junko.

"He...he said he didn't have time for it and to come back later or speak to the person herself,"

Junko's eyebrows knitted together. Not the expected reaction. More aggression rather than authority in the demand. Pursing her lips together. Realization dawned. Offering a once more simply happy face. "What did this person look like?"

The description given proved Junko's hunch had been correct. Of course it was him. She gave a nod to the woman.

"Return to the Games. I have some winnings from bets I placed this morning. Please use that to pay for the repairs."

Perplexed, the woman looked to be thinking over the strange request. As if returning from a daze. Her head suddenly straightened, eyes upon Junko. She bowed. "Ma'am!" Before setting off once more.

A different sort of grin settled on Junko's face. Gaze returning to Mizu, she stood.

"'I don't suppose we'll have much free time today' would already have been my answer to your question.. Now I wonder if you'd take a walk with me? I have an errand but I'd love to continue our chat."

Without awaiting an answer. Simply leaving the office and moving forward. Mizu would surely follow.

At a steady pace, their destination was Sixth Division. It would have been faster. Yet Junko allowed them a slower step. Which allowed them more time to speak. She had wondered about his thoughts on the final match of the so-called "Games". Actively, Junko had avoided any mention of the final round. Didn't wish to see the two of them battle against each other. With such intensity. Over a simple title. It wasn't difficult for her to imagine how they felt about it. To understand why it held importance to them. "'Especially now." Instead, she ventured to ask about other matters.

"'What do you suppose is happening in the World of the Living?"

Before she could respond to him, they arrived near Sixth Division's gates. Still at a distance, the outer grounds sprawled out before them. Neatly landscaped. All decoration was created by items found in nature. At least, this was true for the precise spot Junko had found herself in. Her focus had not been set on the gates. Rather, on the man who had dismissed her squadmate. A man who Junko could never resist, if given such an opportunity, to tease relentlessly.

The known reiatsu was easy enough to spot. Junko had placed herself just off of their grounds. Yet he remained close. One simple wall separated them. The distance between them was mainly open ground. Reaching down, Junko scooped up a decent-sized rock. She weighed it with her hands. Fairly large, though with stretched fingers it could be held in her hand. Her right leg shifted, her foot sliding across the ground and then lifting up. Her right arm, at the same time. Rock in hand, arm bowing out behind her, her center of gravity shifting back then lurching forward. Leg pushing back, twirling behind her as her arm straightened and released the rock. Launched dead ahead of her.

JunThrow.png

The rock found its way through the wall that separated them.

BrokenWall.png

There it found its target. A straight line before her was Takashi Kiyoshi's head.

TakaHit.png

Having returned to Fourth, Junko looked around her. She had left Sixth without waiting for Mizu to react. She hadn't waited for Takashi to react. Her pace to return was faster. The venture had been entertaining, sure enough. But it was over. Something was occuring in the World of the Living that had caused so much damage and yet the hospital was quiet. It was the eye of the storm, indeed. Uncertain thoughts rolled through her. The Games were making her more and more impatient.

Even then. Junko looked to Mizu with a smile. Recalling what she had done at Sixth, she simply said,

"'Debt's paid, I suppose."

ff7171a7ab76e79b56493532beda3841.png

WinterHoshi

f1e93820cd1da35b3583eb3bdb1f5798.png

0925120304f08cfa13f9cbf6cdad3741.png

As Shori and Elk appeared at the entrance to the barracks, she shifted again, allowing Signy to take the reins once more. Noi only knew of Signy, she didn’t want to startle the girl with the drastic difference in appearance and attitude. Her hand gently squeezed Elk’s as disappointment in herself ached in her chest. She should have noticed him fall on the ground at the bar, but she’d been so in her own head that the events back there were a blur. She glanced over at the where Noi was stood, talking to another woman with pink hair.

Her eyes flittered about, taking in the remnants of her spar with her own obsidian golems of her parents, one still fully intact. Letting out a slow sigh, she approached the women. Her stride was always unnerving to her family, she walked with the air of superiority usually afforded to the Noble families, despite the Hoshi’s lack of nobility, and the acute deftness of a hunter stalking its prey. Something she’d picked up from years of training from her mother.

”My apologies for keeping you ladies waiting and for Lt. Ise’s inability to handle this matter at the moment.”]

Her eyes moved to Noi, noticing her pallor. Poor girl. She had walked up as the 5th division girl was mentioning tea, and taking assessment of Noi, tea was certainly an excellent option. Her hand rested against Noi’s back in a gentle and reassuring manner.

”Tea sounds splendid. Then we can get Noi sitting down. Lt. Ise’s speed is something that is difficult to get used to.”

She knew this all too well for she herself had felt nauseous too the first time Atsuko had transported her anywhere. As she turned to head into their dining area, she froze then turned back to Yua.

”It seems to have slipped my mind to introduce myself. I am 3rd seat, Signy Hoshi. This is my husband Elk, but as a member of 5th division, I’m sure you already knew that.”

She turned back away and waved them along as she strode into the large room with a few unseated members milling about. ”Please take a seat.” Unsure of how well Noi was feeling, she helped the young shinigami seat herself before disappearing into the kitchen. Moments later she emerged from a door with a teapot and five cups balanced in her other hand. After setting the pot and cups on the table, she removed her zanpakuto from her back and placed it against the wall behind her, making sure to trail her finger along the blade, coating her finger in lava.

As she sat beside Noi, she dripped the lava into an obsidian dish which she then placed the teapot over to keep it warm. Her fingers quickly set the cups, three on one side, one on the other, and the last at the head of the table. She carefully poured tea into each cup except the last one before replacing the pot over the glowing lava.

”I assume Captain Oda will be joining us once he has finished up some other business? So tell me, Miss Munetoshi, what exactly is your captain looking for in Itsuki’s quarters?”

Her head cocked to the side as she observed the girl. She hadn’t heard anything about the shinigami before her, not even from her husband. As the corners of her lips quirked mischievously, her left eye turning lavender.

0925120304f08cfa13f9cbf6cdad3741.png

Elk

5799d51a213851100d721d3636f200e4.png

c98ffb8ee5bac369f19c48afce2d8b2e.png

All he could do was blink before feeling a gentle squeeze, to which he could only smile. Elk had closed his eyes at this point, while he did a quick search of reiatsu signatures within the barracks, none were the captains. Disappointing, but he could ask his question when he arrives.

”My apologies for keeping you ladies waiting and for Lt. Ise’s inability to handle this matter at the moment.”

“I wonder where she went off too.”

His eyes would roll before both hands moved behind his back, as he stood behind Signy, looking over at two people, two people he had never really met, one supposedly from his division, yet he couldn’t quite put a face onto her, all he could do was blink, as he was introduced by his wife, yet she didn’t quite say what his rank was, but then again, he didn’t think he ever told her what rank he was.

“Oh I’m 6th seat Elk Hoshi, and I am absolutely innocent no matter what the other division members may say.”

His smile persisted, through out his introduction, even going so far as to chuckle at the end; Yua might have heard of him being a menace amongst members of 5th, and that was due to the captain’s orders to be ready at all times. For the most part they weren’t ready, he was the one to have test how they would react when attack.

“While tea would sound nice, but I think I’ll get some more air, and stand watch for when Captain Oda Arrives.”

In that instant he used his shunpo, moving himself towards the gate’s entrance, off to the side, where he was out of view of anyone walking around outside the barracks, but not quite concealing himself either. He just simply waited as he looked up at the sky; giving the illusion of him not paying any mind to his surroundings.

c98ffb8ee5bac369f19c48afce2d8b2e.png

dem0nzlust

Comp-1-00000.png

shoutag.png

11th-border.png

As Shoumetsu had laid on the battlefield of Naruki City dying, his mind remained ever so vigilant. Even unconscious he continued to sense the spiritual power around but more so that of Max and the Vizard form of Shizuka. Not long after his collapse while those two battled everything out, he remained around long enough to sense the spiritual power of Max fade away as he left the hollowfied Shizuka to his own devices. At this point what he managed to detect happened to be more hollow than his comrade in arms remained, and although one battle ended it appeared another one had soon taken its place. In the solitude of his near-death experience, a familiar burning spiritual presence made himself known once Hiroka arrived. Whatever fate had awaited him, he had come fully to terms with finally allowing himself to rest both mentally and physically. His final thoughts were not of knowing he was getting rescued, but there was still hope to prevent furthermore casualties on their side.

The next events that took place after getting carried to Soul Society for treatment, and the extensive healing he underwent alluded him. A few minutes had passed since Lt Junko performed miraculous work on not just stabilizing him, but managing to restore the lost body parts from the damage taken. However, despite all of that Shoumetsu could still feel a part of his was missing from a strong disconnect due to his zanpakuto spirit being broken from that devastating attack. Passively he began to detect the spiritual energies of the 4th division members that moved about left unaware of where he was at the moment. Responding solely on instinct still in the fight or flight response his body responded in the only way it knew how from all of his intense training. His body reacted on muscle memory while he remained unconscious and temporarily perceived all the foreign spiritual energy as a threat. In a sudden movement, his body shot up with his newly repaired left hand launching out grabbing the first person he could in a crushing grasp by the throat. The unlucky person captured in his grasp soon found themselves pinned into the wall with Shoumetsu's body slumped before one of the 11th division unseated members who stuck around leaped into action to catch the punch aimed for the unseated 4th division member's head.

male-shinigami-1-190x266.jpg

Using everything he had to muster he managed to grip Shoumetsu's arm in time to slow his punch and hold it back barely. The poor unseated member left to monitor the 3rd seat's recovery and report to others at the 11th division what was going on could feel his entire body straining to stop the attack.

"Please sir wake up you are safe! We are in the 4th division barracks!!"

Continuing to struggle he breathed a big sigh of relief when he felt Shoumetsu's body finally starting to relax. Finally coming to consciousness, he opened his eyes to see he had somebody in his grasp freeing them from his hold with an apologetic look on his face.

"Where is Lt. Shizuka? What is the condition of Izanagi? Did he make it or is he dead?"

The unseated member was a little shocked that his first concerns were of others, and not of himself. He had dealt with Shoumetsu enough though at their division to not question it and knows he could tend to get irritated fast when left waiting. Clearing his throat he took a more serious posture before addressing the questions asked.

"Lt. Shizuka seemed to have undergone some type of transformation and is out of control destroying more of Naruki City. As of current knowledge members from the 10th and 4th divisions were dispatched to detain him or if no other options remain to kill him. Lt. Nibui and 4th seat Hiroka, also took leave to go assist the others in dealing with Lt. Shizuka. Thanks to your efforts we retrieved Lt. Jinnosuke body and from what I heard they managed to stabilize Izanagi Kiyoshi."

He listened carefully to the news relaid to him and upon hearing people from his squad went to finish things he felt more assured. A small grin came on his face hearing that Hiroka wasted no time jumping into more danger, and relieved to hear neither of the 11th division members became casualties of the Kenpachi Games. If it wasn't for Shoumetsu zanpakuto being broken at the moment he would have returned to assist them too, but even he understood his limits. What has become of Shizuka at the hands of their enemy? He sighed out heavily despite his body being fully recovered from the ordeal the pain and exhaustion he experienced remained. Seeing how Izanagi was still recovering, Shizuka was currently out of control in Naruki, and Jinnosuke's killed in action meant only he could correctly report what exactly happened there. On that note, he released a burst of spiritual energy that caused a small tremor throughout the building alerting everyone present in the vicinity that Shoumetsu was now active and restless.

"Inform everybody at 11th division I will be arriving soon and I need to blow off some steam before addressing the Head Lt or Captain Commander what truly taken place."

Ignoring the orders of those requesting that is it best advise he finished resting, Shoumetsu refused to just lay around in bed knowing his squad was on the battlefields. With their Captain still partaking in the Kenpachi Games, he needed to make sure they would not suffer such a defeat like that again. The unseated member bowed his head respectfully and then took his leave ahead of Shoumetsu who wanted to go check on Izanagi before heading back to his division.

11th-border.png