[BSD-RP] Soul Society: Northwest Seireitei

Shinigami

Administrator
Comp-1-00000.png

shoutag.png

11th-border.png

Sound the Drums of Change
Two weeks had gone by since his little destructive collision with the inhabitants of the 6th division members. Throughout this brief interval he took the time to let his wounds heal properly, but even then didn’t just sit by idly. Like clockwork, while his body recovered he trained himself spiritually and mentally entering into a meditative state casting out his spiritual sense as far as it could go. With his reiatsu being unleashed to its fullest degree for hours on end without break Shoumetsu spent every day of the hour in search of one particular spiritual ribbon lost in the expansive sea of many other people the co-existed within the confines of the Seireitei. He lightly placed his hand over where Lt Shusuke Kiyoshi's blade had pierced through his midsection feeling the throbbing pain although the injury had already started to heal, but focused on that sensation of pain so vividly it was like he experienced that same wound all over again. This was not due to the tarnish of pride from suffering injury or anything of that matter, but the fact he believed solely in returning any pain inflicted on him back tenfold. He lived by a certain warrior code, and strangely he revolved around mutual suffering as the greatest sign of respect to show warriors. There could be no mental peace for Shoumetsu until he inflicted pain on Lt Shusuke so like the beast he spent hours at least every day tracking the movements of this individual when his spiritual ribbon fell victim into his sights and patiently waited.
With the alert that the newly appointed Captain, Omoni Hageshi informed their barracks about an important meeting to take place he prepared for the day. While he rampaged at the 6th division two weeks ago he was oblivious of whatever political moves involving his division had taken place to return hearing they now had a Captain. Grabbing his gourd full of sake he took one big swig from it to start the day off, strongly curious on what this had to be about, and similar to his comrade Hiroka had a general idea it possibly had to do with the announcement of the Kenpachi games. He was fully aware of what the Kenpachi title was about spending his hundred years prior on researching any information he could about previous Captains of his division and their exploits recorded he was able to get his hands on. Seeing Hiroka arriving a few minutes before him before things got serious took one last sip from his gourd then just let it hang loosely around his neck as he forced his way through the crowd to listen in the front.
Quote:“ Listen up! I aint’ too good at speeches but here it goes! I’m sure all a’ ya’ know that the Kenpachi games are just around the corner! It’s the time n’ place to decide who the strongest of the strongest are n’ I know most a’ ya’ are gonna jump right in! That’s fine with me, I wish ya’ all the best n’ may the best fighter win! If ya’ wanna sign up then do so with the forms ya’ been provided.”
Shoumetsu listened to everything that Captain Omoni had to say with peak interest. The fact somebody like this the entire time was part of that timid Captain Yu’s squad still baffled him to this day, and only grew anxious to see what she was capable of no longer shackled by her former squad. The moment he got news about these games being held to try to bolster and rally the people of Soul Society, his bloodthirst only grew stronger. He didn’t care about the reasoning of why these games were being thrown nor about the title of Kenpachi but that bunch of strong fighters would be gathered in one area. Deep down though the thrill that overwhelmed him didn’t stem from getting to fight all of the other Captain’s competing, but honed in one person in particular. He dedicated himself to achieving the fastest blade in all of Soul Society, but to accomplish this goal, he was willing to put his life on the line and required him to face the 2nd Division Captain, Kyomu Mukuro. Shoumetsu's mind had been set to clash with the one who calls himself The Phantom to experience his skill firsthand to learn and one day surpass him in Zanjutsu.
Quote:“ Havin’ said that...it’s important that ya’ know that there’s gonna be some changes ‘round here. Dark times are comin’, times that are gonna be needin’ a complete one-eighty on all a’ our parts. This day marks the day that we stop bein’ the dumb savage brutes everyone thinks we are! There aint’ room for that any more! Here on out there’s gonna be order! There’s gonna’ be tact! We’re the best weapons the Soul Societies got to face what’s gonna be some of the most heinous threats to have ever reared their ugly mugs our way!”
Hearing the unseated members who stood behind him putting up a fuss about this news of change for them, a small eye twitch of irritation became visible. His irritation was not because of what Captain Hageshi had said, but the fact they all were not shouting in his ears. Fighting his initial urge to just backhand all the ones shouting in his ear across the grounds instead just gave them one intense death stare while speaking calmly.
”Oi! Shut the hell up I am trying to listen here!”
After his minor outburst, he turned back around to fully pay attention to what all else needed to be heard. Shoumetsu always saw himself as strategist first and killer second and studied multiple warrior codes. The ability to quickly adapt in battle was something he valued and always believed Zanjutsu should be treated as a true art form, so had no quarrels on this change. Shinjitsu was somebody who upheld the dumb brute methodology and that very thinking is why he is no longer alive because he failed to take the time to properly assess the threat. What followed next did confuse him a bit hearing that Jinnosuke had got reinstated back as Lt, and not only that but this new guy who had been at their division for the past couple of weeks happened to be another Lt for their squad. Again this is why he did not bother to comprehend the political decisions of the Gotei 13, and close inspection of the newly announced Lt Nibui Ueki appeared to be strong. When hearing both of their surnames said, however, did spark up curious suspicion if the two of them may be related; Ueko and Ueki. He made a mental note to ask somebody about this later when the appropriate time presented itself.
Quote:“ We ain’t gonna be hapless fools clashin’ swords together to get our rocks off anymore! This day forward, each n’ every single one a’ ya’ are soldiers! Ya’ gonna fall in when you’re told, ya’ gonna train together n’ help each other grow! If one a’ ya’ dies then another takes ya’ place and so on’ n’ so forth! We gotta’ higher callin’ now. There ain’t room for squabblin’ between us! Everythin’ we do is for one another so that the only thing ya’ truly fight to destroy is everyone a’ our Soul King forsaken’ ENEMIES!”
His former look of annoyance soon became one of being puzzled. Although he didn’t clash swords with the 6th and 9th division out of bloodlust but his way to test where he stood against others to grow stronger, what happened with Michi Kiyoshi was a different story. A part of him couldn’t help but wonder if this was in response because of their incident at another's barracks but held no shame in his actions. What could this looming darkness be? Were they preparing for a possible assault from one of the many factions again? Either way this all added up to one thing in Shoumetsu's mind; war and many battles to come were on the horizon. Upon hearing three of them being requested to step forward for something more he made his way in front of her person beside Hiroka.
“Yes, Captain Hageshi?”
Still trying to get used to there being a Captain now, on top of that two Lt’s. Having grown accustomed to Lt Jinnosuke normally being the one to relay missions and information to him over these years it was going to take some getting used to. Nonetheless, Shoumetsu stood at the ready patiently on what they were summoned for with a look of anticipation hoping they got a mission to fight something or somebody soon.
11th-border.png

Shinigami

Administrator
e114ddcd41d13f035e2daccf022d868b.png

0fc3a03fea8fc1c589d51fdb4459dfc7.png

Sat in a familiar chair, in a familiar room, the Ivory haired Lieutenant uses his arms as pillows atop his table. Locked under the unwavering obsidian gaze of the Lieutenant, an almost bare Bonsai tree rests in a dutifully maintained and delicately detailed pot. Adorning two small twigs are two equally as small leaves, both of a crimson hue. One of the twin leaves falls away without warning, landing with a soft tap against the tabletop. A sigh escapes the lips of the Lieutenant. If any could see him, it seemed that his focus was entirely dedicated to his withering pet plant. The truth is, his mind instead focused on the happenings of not but a week and a bit ago.
In the free time he had found for himself, only a couple of days following his reinstatement as Lieutenant of the Eleventh Division, Nibui landed himself at the sliding door of a very specific room in the Shin'ō Academy. It had been centuries since he attended the facility but here he stood once more.
Following a soft couple of knocks against the wooden frame, he slid the door aside, giving himself permission to at least peek his head into the room. Only one person remained inside, where a somber air hangs over them, nearly pushing Nibui to abandon his efforts. Still, he pushes through the tense air and steps into the room. With quiet steps he reaches the desk where the Shinigami turned teacher is seated, busy or simply distracted by burdening thoughts. Quietly but audibly he speaks out his greetings.
“Oki-Saaan, I thought I’d stop by and leave you a gift.”
His initial trailing greeting reveals a sudden realisation of his error but he does not abandon and instead continues on, hoping that it isn’t as obvious as it otherwise might seem. As he utters out his greetings, mixed with hesitation and an awkward tone, he places atop the table oval shaped pot that stands on four little feet. Potted within are three small but juvenile stalks of bamboo, two stood upright and another coiling loosely up along one of those two, each sprouting a couple of leaves at their very tops. For the most part they look healthy, for now and hopefully for much longer in the hands of someone other than himself.
With his entrance, Honoka’s attention drifts up towards the Lieutenant, a near listless smile forced briefly along her lips. She follows his movements over towards her direction and eventually lands her eyes upon the potted plant he has left for her.
"Please, call me Honoka."
She glances over at the plant, giving it a once over as the fingertip of her middle finger lightly runs along the center of a leaf. In most cases, Nibui’s face remains nearly blank but now he wears a strange concoction of emotions and expressions, a soft smile curls to the edges of his lips, but his eyes share a glint of distress. It’d been so long since he’d properly spoken to this matronly figure in his life and now he had shown himself to her once more, after she’d suffered and still suffers greatly from what is likely the worst event to ever occur in her life. Again she speaks, her thanks being given.
"Thank you Nibui-kun, I'll be sure to take good care of it."
For a moment, he struggles to reply, no words reach his tongue as he thoroughly thinks through the possibilities, something he usually did not even commit to mind. Generally, the Ueki barely ever thought of what he was to say, he simply spoke his mind and continued on from there, the truth never being hidden from others when he speaks. Finally he comes to a conclusion.
“Of course. I wanted to say sorry, for not speaking to you in such a long time, and also wanted to check on how you’re doing.”
For a moment, there is silence and then it is broken by Honoka as she speaks her mind, the heavy air that clings to her still very much present and unlikely to go anywhere for a while.
“Please, no need to apologize, I made many choices which built walls between myself and everyone. I-“
She releases a soft sigh, the melancholy in her tone prevalent as she briefly struggles to accurately word her emotions after the events that had transpired as a consequence to her decisions. Every word that reaches Nibui is heard clearly, his attention solely upon the Oki as her emotions are given form.
“I appreciate you taking some time to visit. In truth, I’ve not had much time to properly grieve the fallen, but I know they are always with me.”
She glances towards the sky past the glass window before continuing. Nibui’s eyes follow her gaze for a moment before returning to her face once more.
“The best I can do to honor them is to support the remaining Oki, even if they wish to have nothing to do with me…”
Her tone falters towards the end of her sentence, thoughts of her only begotten son rushing in.
“… In time, I will be okay. But tell me, how does it feel being back?”
She gestures at the man’s Lieutenant badge, a faint smile appearing on her face. Again his eyes follow hers and the gesture. His stare lingers on the badge that once again adornes his arm, as it had a century ago. Again a wave of silence hits the room as his thoughts compile and he formulates as a proper response. He certainly enjoys having the title he previously awarded Jinnosuke with, it allows him to make differences he would otherwise be unable to.
”It’s strange...“
He thought he had everything thought out, his words were going to be positive, affirming his joy with the return of his badge and position. Instead he leaves those words in the air. Then he continues with a returned smile as his eyes return to Honoka.
”I once gave this title away to someone I felt deserved it more than I, but here I am, replacing the man myself. We’ll see how it goes. Of course, it’s always an honor to wear the badge.”
The two continue on for a while, an occasional warmth of joy finding Nibui as they catch up on what they can, avoiding what might sour the mood. In a way, the reunion feels almost like a family gathering for the Ivory haired Shinigami, but that would not leave his lips, nor a hint of that thought. The fear of upsetting his dear friend kept him from saying things would otherwise fly off his tongue. He hoped that he could at least bring a semblance of real happiness to the grieving woman, a distraction even, anything that could make a difference, no matter how brief.
Intrusive and thundering, the hefty beating of a fist against the door of his office breaches the silence he treasured as he reminisced. As rough and aggressive as the impacts, a voice shouts out for the Lieutenant. His head perks up as he listens for what the disembodied voice needed from him at this moment.
”Lieutenant Ueki, Captain Hageshi has called for a division meeting, everyone is ‘pposed to be there.”
An exaggerated sigh escapes Nibui’s lips, the man outside would not hear it but it was more for himself. Both hands plant themselves to the tabletop and hoist with that, he hoists himself upright before bringing himself to his feet. His eyes close as he steadies himself and takes in deep breath. As of late, the barracks had been hectic, or perhaps it was just the fact that he was used to the craft focused regiment that is the Eighth Division, he was tired, tired of the rabble and pointless conflicts that fueled the Eleventh. Pushing himself away from his desk, a hand slides onto the over-sized Zanpakuto that sits nearby, clasping it tightly beneath the guard, he makes his way towards the door and out of it. The soft footfalls inaudible to the man outside, if he was still there. Finally his hand latches onto the side of the hefty sliding door and he pries it open. From below, the unseated member catches the coal eyes that stare up at him, wordless, the Lieutenant stares up towards the taller Shinigami. A thankful nod and a single word finally breaks the silence.
”Dismissed.”
With that, the man steps away from the door and makes his way towards the unsettled conglomerate of the division’s members. A grunt coming from him in disapproval. A great many members of the division had not been around during Nibui’s original tenure as Lieutenant, the more assertive and imposing Jinnosuke had been all any of them had known until recently, as far as a leader goes. Now they answered to a man who is barely a physical presence in comparison to Jinnosuke. In addition, except for the brief exchange between their new Captain and their returning Lieutenant, there is very little that has been shown to earn their respect for him.
Stepping out past the open door of his office, he gazes back at the withering bonsai. Shifting the door closed, he turns to focus on the crowd and awaits the arrival of the Captain. Beyond his sight, the final crimson leaf begins to droop, threatening to fall away.
In the courtyard, where a majority of the division members had gathered, Nibui sits atop one of the roofs, his attention focused on the door of the Captain’s quarters and awaiting her arrival, the intrigue of what exactly made her call everyone to attention also keeping his attention. Finally, it was time. The Captain burst forth through the doors of her office, moving into her speech with a passionate fervor.
”Listen up! I ain’t too good at speeches but here it goes! I’m sure all a’ ya’ know that the Kenpachi games are just around the corner! It’s the time n’ place to decide who the strongest of the strongest are n’ I know most a’ ya’ are gonna jump right in! That’s fine with me, I wish ya’ all the best n’ may the best fighter win! If ya’ wanna sign up then do so with the forms ya’ been provided.”
In all honesty, this wasn’t exactly what he’d expected. He had received the news not too long ago, a constant buzz of activity and excitement sounding away from his Denreishinki X. That very same buzz of activity and excitement is reflected clearly among the raucous bunch that is the Eleventh Barracks. Though that is not nearly a surprise.
”Havin’ said that...It’s important that ya’ know that there’s gonna be some changes ‘round here. Dark times are comin’, times that are gonna be needin’ a complete one eighty on all a’ our parts. This day marks the day that we stop bein’ the dumb savage brutes everyone thinks we are! There ain't’ room for that any more! Here on out there’s gonna be order! There’s gonna’ be tact! We’re the best weapons the Soul Societies got to face what’s gonna be some of the most heinous threats to have ever reared their ugly mugs our way!”
These goals, they were goals that he had spoken to himself in his previous time as Lieutenant. Now the Captain had chosen to follow this fate of the Eleventh as well. The mention of such order and structure, the already rowdy crowd seemed to grow more and more unsettled, almost as though a riot were about to break out right here and now. This soon was quelled as the Captain once again roars out, her speech unfinished and not to be interrupted either. Soon, the screams of disapproval and grunts of aggression are to be replaced by hums of questioning voices.
”Startin’ now, Jinnosuke Ueku’s been reinstated as Lieutenant of the eleventh division ta’ serve alongside with Nibui Ueki. They’ll both be my right n’ left hand n’ I ain’t hearin’ another thing about it!”
Still sat above the rest of the crowd,, with a direct view of the Captain, he does not question the decision, nor does he make a sound, in fact, his reaction is almost entirely non-existent. He had been made aware of this fact prior to the meeting and even given his opinion in previous private meetings with the captain. Even so, he hides a puzzled contemplation within. It is not the demotion that leaves him with a lingering confusion, although that did confuse him initially. It is the ease at which she reinstated Jinnosuke, in comparison to his own promotion to a previous title. Nibui was put through a beating before being reinstated, but this man simply gained the title by word. It didn’t infuriate Nibui, simply it left him awestruck at the chaotic Captain’s manner of conducting business..
“We ain’t gonna be hapless fools clashin’ swords together to get our rocks off anymore! This day forward, each n’ every single one a’ ya’ are soldiers! Ya’ gonna fall in when you’re told, ya’ gonna train together n’ help each other grow! If one a’ ya’ dies then another takes ya’ place and so on’ n’ so forth! We gotta’ higher callin’ now. There ain’t room for squabblin’ between us! Everythin’ we do is for one another so that the only thing ya’ truly fight to destroy is everyone a’ our Soul King forsaken’ ENEMIES!”
Everything that had been spoken of until this point was nothing new for the Lieutenant, this might explain why he so nonchalantly sat atop a roof, watching and waiting for something he was perhaps unaware of. Someone as naturally chaotic as Omoni was likely to pull some surprise out of the back that would catch him completely off guard. Still, the one thing that was unexpected was the uproar, however it was not in retaliation. The Captain had taken to her role perfectly. Her words riled up and seemed to change the opinion of the brutish members of the Eleventh Division. Now they cheered and rallied behind the Captain’s words with eager intent.
”I need ta’ speak ta’ Hiroka Ikari, Shoumetsu Takahiro n’ Lieutenant Ueku. Get over here.”
Eventually they would disperse however, the cheer could not last forever. As the sea did part, the Hageshi calls out to a number of individuals, wishing to chat with them directly, Nibui was not among them but he remained atop his perch, watching and listening curiously. This is something that he was not so ready for.

Shinigami

Administrator
7aa2a683ef831ffe1f91ae29f8d90993.png

cf54e575acf345ba3f4d461a88fa3f28.png

This meeting was a rare occurrence in Jinnosuke's life. Typically he would refuse to go or make a stew of the event. This time, however, there would be a proper opening of a cumbersome screen door. Coming out would reveal Jinnosuke, calm weathered to reality, and most of all more dangerous than he's ever been.
The last two weeks were painful for the man who borders on being one of the oldest Shinigami in the Seireitei, that no one would guess by his antics and actions. So in the last two weeks, Jinnosuke's exponential growth in character and temperament is one for the record books.
He steps through the entryway of the barracks and into the courtyard. There are the many hooligans he has helped forge their way with the same chaotic energy Jinno's kept until this day. Stepping out into the light this time, a weight not apparent on the Shinigami's shoulders. A metaphysical and emotional burden that was no longer compressing down upon him. His rank in this world; only mattered contrasting to his purpose, which was to destroy the Seireitei's enemies.
Not a word nor expression would form out of or onto Jinnosuke's face. Jinno would fall in line and report next to the others. What happened in the last two weeks? The only thing that allowed others to recognize the Shinigami known as the Devil was his green hair and bronze skin. The man had grown a few inches in height and now wore two scars over his left eye.
TWO WEEKS AGO
" Wha?! I didn't even know I was demoted, to be honest with you. An' now you wanna re-promote me alongside Nibui, eh? What if I take him out of the picture the second I see him? You gonna be mad? "

This retort was the first time Jinnosuke felt genuine anger from Omoni; she took the next week to beat the living hell out of the one known as The Devil of Seireitei. The fight does not allow Jinnosuke time to maintain his pompous pompadour or even shave. Near the end of their conversation, Omoni would slightly mention she likes beards and Jinno's new attitude once he realized she was winning.
This small comment made the world flip upside down for Jinnosuke. He played it off as he didn't care what the woman liked or preferred, but suddenly the second Lieutenant of Eleventh Division let his hair grow out, and a beard took shape.
0d200f336d622980f9e1103506aa261c.png

" To all you that think she is joking, you might wanna get your shit together. No more fuckin' around in these walls. We were almost on the brink of embarrassing ourselves. " Jinno would passively say as he walked between the Shinigami unseated and seated alike. Only to stop near Shoumetsu and Captain Hageshi.
" Captain Hageshi! What are your orders! "
There was still some attitude laying there, deep the man smiled, not out of jest or humor; he was proud of Omoni. Jinnosuke hung his massive sword on his back with an actual sheath and no bandages. The blade held in the sheath connected by the same style harness Nibui had with minor differences. Making them look oddly like a similar set of Lieutenants. The significant differences are Jinnosuke's height and width. There he would await their orders.
77ae6376382c3ded33933be7108c142a.png

Shinigami

Administrator
3550818db8a6c6a1f9441a31a7e55bd3.png

" Captain Hageshi."
“ Yes, Captain Hageshi?”
"..."
" Captain Hageshi! What are your orders! "

Jubilations and Cheer started to fade and with it the crowd that she had summoned. Brutes and Brutesses alike slapped one another playfully across the back newly made and reinvigorated with a sense of previously ignored comradery. This left the titaness alone with her higher seated officers to divulge what would be next for them in their saga. As she turned her attention to the remaining motley crew, a heavy sigh escaped her lips. Speeches weren’t something she considered herself “good” at although by all accounts she excelled in the practice. The woman would die before she admitted they unnerved her.
“ Lieutenant Ueki, Ikari. Yer’ gonna head off with me to the games. This lil’ paper I got from ninth says we got questions ta’ answer before it all starts up. Another one a’ those interviews. We're goin' ta' the Rukongai.”
Although her words were forward and plain, the captain’s discerning gaze was watching their every move. She searched for expressions of disappointment knowing that those she did not name would surely feel upset to a degree about not being able to participate in what was to be arguably one of the most violent battles of their time that would determine whom among those selected were the strongest in the Seireitei. It would be a misfortune, a flash in the pan if you will that she was certain would meet resistance from the unannounced.
“ Lieutenant Ueku,Takahiro. I know ya’ wanna fight but I need ya’ somewhere else. If yer’ pissed suck it up. Should be another one in a thousand years so you’ll get ya’ chance. I want ya’ to go to the human world n’ find Lieutenant Hyouzoku. Yer’ gonna go there ta' help him take care a’ some business. Somethin’ about humans with spiritual power n’ somethin’ else. He’ll explain more when ya’ get there. I dunno' which city he's in so ya' can go to each one together or split up,
it don't matter ta' me either way. ”

As Omoni looked upon the four before her, she felt something. It was something she didn’t recognize at first as it was so rare for her to feel anything other than the insatiable desire for battle. What it was exactly escaped her but if it had to be given a name then that would have been pride. Years ago she had first laid eyes on Shoumetsu when he was but a kid voracious with an appetite for a fight and for blood the likes of which she had not seen in anyone other than herself. Now he stood more mature in both appearance and disposition ready to carry out her orders. For one whom at one time would not refer to Captain Nakamoto with his moniker or any other leader for that matter and now did so for Omoni it was clear that he had experienced growth.
On the other hand, it was the first time she had ever come across Hiroka but the tales of his fortitude tickled her ears especially coming from Jinnosuke during their latest revitalizing bout. He spoke highly of the explosive Shinigami and words of praise from him were never ignored by Omoni. The two were by all accounts thicker than thieves and although she and he butted heads more than not, she cultivated his opinion and looked forward to what Hiroka would show her in the days to come.
Lieutenant Ueki and Lieutenant Ueku were among Omoni’s closest companions that she had developed throughout her millenniums of life in the Soul Society. They had been there during her earliest of years serving her as friend and foe, advisor and advisee. There were none besides her former captain and the captain commander that she trusted more with her words, dreams and ambitions. They were exceptional in all regards according to Omoni Hageshi who’s words wove gold in the hearts of those she now oversaw. Both possessed extraordinary capability as far as she was concerned, even learning to overcome their banes and oppressions of in their minds and of their bodies. For as long as she could recall she had always been a motherly mentor to Nibui, who’s lack of confidence in himself had always dragged the man down. To the point that he betrayed her choice to leave him in charge in her stead when she transferred to the fourth division only to not only return to that place but to do so reborn with a tenacious backbone and control over his personally perceived deficiencies.
Everyone knew there was no love lost between she and Jinnosuke. The two drove one another mad and clashed fists more than either of them could count. They covered each other in blood and dirt only to rise up and call themselves ‘friend.’ His temper as well as reckless tendencies in the past had gotten the manic man into a world of trouble with Omoni usually the one dragging him out of it. Too often she had been responsible for smacking sense into him only for him to leap once more into the flames of treachery that she would subsequently extinguish and provide rescue. As she looked onto him now, she did not sense the same brashness as she had before. His dialogue was rough but in it, she saw someone else entirely. Someone who had found his balance, someone who had decided to fall in and hold the line. He was a man who had found his purpose, had calmed the fire in his soul and forged himself into an unbreakable ally.
They stood before her endowed with a new power that more than became them fully aligned with her plans. They stood there and for once she believed that they would one day surpass her. This gave her nothing but joy as she felt that should she meet an untimely death, either one would be able to pick up where she left off and lead the eleventh as well as the Seireitei into a glorious future.
“ Alright! That’s enough lolly gaggin’, ya’ got yer’ orders! MOVE OUT!”
d6465e1948ac3556e738f1d6008e0b85.png

With that, the grouchy woman turned away and started to head off in a completely randomly selected direction fully expecting for Nibui and Hiroka to not only follow her but to also redirect her in the very likely event she’d chosen her path poorly.
>>>>> Traveling from the North West to the Rukongai >>>>>
22daaaa94a5b9bb6ec34109e910bb6a2.png

Shinigami

Administrator
Hiroka_Header.png

11th-border.png

“Lieutenant Ueki, Ikari. Yer’ gonna head off with me to the games. This lil’ paper I got from ninth says we got questions ta’ answer before it all starts up. Another one a’ those interviews. We're goin' ta' the Rukongai.”.”
It was time. A moment to truly be able to prove his mettle. The participation in the Kenpachi Games meant a simple truth. Death was on the table. Yet that wasn't something that dissuaded Hiroka, instead it added to his mountain of determination. The risk of such a possibility was something that'd need all limitations to be torn away. Up until this point, any brawls that had been held within the Seireitei had to be approached with the upmost caution, for the death of another shinigami in such a situation would be a crime. Between his physical prowess and the nature of Ikarihime, there's a small margin for error with using such abilities against his peers. But this... This was an opportunity to test the upper limits of his capabilities without any real concern for the other combatant. If they fell victim to his advances, they'd either have to yield or die where they stood.
Hiroka did not take pleasure, however, in the idea of killing his own, but it was the nature of the game. And such restraint would be tossed out the window. With his gaze fully locked upon Captain Hageshi, his eyes holding an excitement that his expression didn't reciprocate. The only part of this news that he was not the biggest fan of was the part about attending an interview. Of course it was something the Ninth or well... more specifically it's Captain. Yasu most likely pushed for this to be even more of a spectacle than it needed to be.
"Understood."
Another simple acknowledgement, not seeking to interrupt the flow that Omoni would have in her directed announcements. The information she had laid out lacked the acknowledgement of Jinnosuke and Shoumetsu. Did this mean they wouldn't be permitted to participate?

“Lieutenant Ueku,Takahiro. I know ya’ wanna fight but I need ya’ somewhere else. If yer’ pissed suck it up. Should be another one in a thousand years so you’ll get ya’ chance. I want ya’ to go to the human world n’ find Lieutenant Hyouzoku. Yer’ gonna go there ta' help him take care a’ some business. Somethin’ about humans with spiritual power n’ somethin’ else. He’ll explain more when ya’ get there. I dunno' which city he's in so ya' can go to each one together or split up, it don't matter ta' me either way.”

An answer to his thought that came immediately. They were instead being sent to the World of the Living to handle humans with discernible spiritual presence. Was this some form of crisis? Or simply a matter of investigation? There obviously had to be some level of urgency if not only the Eleventh had to be involved but also that they had to be taken away from the Games. Looking towards the pair that would be heading out, he tried to gauge a reaction. He knew Shoumetsu had been looking forward to getting a crack at the powerhouses that would be in the matches but he'd likely have that thirst quenched if he got caught in a fight in the Human World. A fight was a fight to him, especially if it challenged him.
“Alright! That’s enough lolly gaggin’, ya’ got yer’ orders! MOVE OUT!”
As it was time to go, Hiroka directed a glance right towards Shoumetsu, one that came with a nod. An acknowledgement that their paths for the time being would diverge but they'd each have stories to tell upon their return. That was of course assuming that both of them made it back in one piece. Once his attention returned to the white-clad woman, he noted her already heading a bit off trail.
"This way Captain."
He spoke with a stray smirk. His head nudging in the direction of where they needed to be. Allowing her to take the forward most steps to their goal, following in suit. An echo from before. It was time.
Northwest Seireitei ———————————— traveling to ———————————— Rukongai
11th-border.png