[BSD-RP] Soul Society: Rukongai

DioNaraka

Administrator
Staff member
42e42741accf6720d98e3dc061e364ff.png

c98ffb8ee5bac369f19c48afce2d8b2e.png

End of Round One

The wind that had transported them into the Muken appears again to move them out of it and back to the Rukongai. Tenzen scans the area and makes an attempt to walk forward but realizes the ground is rapidly rising up towards him, before he hits the ground he is caught by two members of the Kido Corps while also being approached by the Kido Priestess. He is pulled over to a boulder and is sat down on it while members of the Kido Corps begin tending to their Chief. A circle was formed around him as if to block the onlookers or rather lip readers as the Priestess was about to give Tenzen a report. Before the report started she had some scolding to do.

”How many times have we had this talk, Chief Oda?”

”I know, I know, however when a fight starts removing the Haori is the last thing I have on my mind. Besides, it is a useful tool for dodging attacks.”

Everyone could see the Priestess raise her hand up into the air and bring it down to chop Captain Oda on the head. Stuned gasps wash over the crowd, they wonder how the Captain would retaliate but all he does is rub his head.

”We both know you hold a lot of respect for the Haori, so please remember to treat it with that respect, constantly having to repair or make new ones is a hassle that is better avoided.”

”Understood, understood…”

”You say you understand but I doubt that you do.”

Tenzen lets out a light chuckle and is struck in the head again as a result. He has gained a bad reputation within the Kido Corps for damaging or outright destroying his Haori and always needing a new one made. The Head Priestess refuses to make extras as doing such a thing will dampen the prestige of the garb if multiple copies of it exist, to which Tenzen agrees and yet he still manages to destroy them.

”That aside, feel free to begin your report now.”

”Yes Sir.”

The Priestess begins to go into detail regarding the situation at Fifth Division, from Eizokue venturing into the Dangai alone once again, despite Tenzen making it clear to not have him go alone. Then the brief spat between the Third Seat and Lieutenant as well. It all sounded childish to him but he listened to it all while keeping his eyes on Suiyo. The pettiness happening in his division paled in comparison to what was on his mind.

”That is my report on the Fifth Division Barrack’s situation, as for Kiku he-”

20ed8dc7be6617e39fa60780eca6c86e.png

”Hold on, move out of the way.”

The Kido Corps members that surround them part to create a clear opening and line of sight towards Suiyo. There is still much to weigh and consider about this man. His aloof and idiotic behaviour can be a front, however he demonstraighted his skills while keeping up this “front”. He even threw the Oki under the bus for their attempt to hire him to kill Kyomu. No assassin in the Rukongai would ever throw a noble under the bus like that and not fear the consequences unless they are utterly confident in their skills or an idiot. At the same time, however, this is the White Death someone his grandfather fought against, a man who can- Something else makes a twinge of sense in his mind as he raises his hand to deactivate the spells binding the white haired man.

”Do not heal his hands, yet, if he needs a drink get him a straw or something. Close formation. Now, please, continue your report.”

The group close up their formation as Tenzen moves his eyes and attention to the Priestess entirely. She makes a report on Kiku’s last contact with them and goes into detail about the situation in Karakura. Tenzen narrows his eyes as Kiku was out there to aid Thirteenth in case they got sloppy, however, as the report went on things sounded more dire and serious than he had assumed.

”That is all we have to report for now. Elk is currently attending the games with his wife, would you like us to recall him back to the barracks?”

”No, leave him be. However, meet me back at the Barracks, I have words for my Division.”

He stands up, his stamina and Spiritual Power fully restored, and still holding onto Suiyo’s blade. He places a barrier around said blade and approaches the Sword Saint.

A Face To Face

”You fought my grandfather before, he is the reason why I know who you are. My investigation shouldn’t take long after having a bit more time to think, I believe it is unlikely for you to have been the one to kill the former Seventh Division Captain simply because he was not diced to pieces. Though you could have held back in order to not get caught.”

He frowns a bit after his last sentence, realizing he has to retract it.

”No, even if you held back he would have lost a limb or two regardless. Enjoy the festival, I’m sure someone from Fourth Division can accompany you and help you with the eating and drinking situation. When I return you can have your blade and hands back, also, consider becoming a Shinigami, there are many things in the Seireitei that cannot be seen or experienced anywhere else in the Soul Society.”

He walks away from the man and back to his Kido soldiers and as he is about to ask for a new Shihakusho top and Haori the Priestess swiftly cuts him off.

”No, you will not be granted either until you return from battle. I do not wish to see another Haori destroyed. Is that understood Captain Oda?”

”I… I suppose so.”

Tenzen walked off after being talked down to by the Head Priestess, in front of everyone. It started with hushed chuckling, then giggles, until the crowd erupts with full on laughter. This man who became a monster, who is head of a feared Clan is being laughed at, openly. The blonde haired man doesn’t even pay it any mind, just as he tried to ease their nerves earlier in the day when he first arrived he lets them have this moment of enjoyment at his expense since it costs him nothing in the long run. But just as he thought things were going to be calm he is “attacked” by Captain Yugure. This is not an attack with blades or punches, but with words, he can only narrow and frown at her as she knows good and well how he is not the biggest fan of this sort of attention.

A Sudden Attack!!

“Congratulations on your advancement. Have you learned anything while fighting those that you’ve just faced?”

”I… Uhh… Hmm… Kyomu is everywhere and nowhere all at once. Then there is a chance I could pay more attention to my sword skills as well.”

The ominous statement about Kyomu is sure to send shivers down the spines of those listening, they may have to wonder and think twice about their actions because they never know if The Phantom is watching them. The statement about his swordsmanship was an odd one. A man with the destructive force of Kido shouldn’t have to worry about blades, but the people who think this are the same ones who will plateau and never grow beyond their current self, Tenzen does not fear admitting to his faults.

“The title of Kenpachi is truly a vicious one. If you were to win the Games, what kind of response do you imagine the viewers to have?”

”It’s what everyone would expect right? I am an Oda, we are a warrior clan, becoming Kenpachi is the expected result.”

Do you have any words towards your opponents for the final round?”

”Oh yeah, who is going to the next round?”

He looks away from the Ninth Division Captain towards a monitor to see that it is Yu Nakamoto and Omoni Hageshi.

”Ah, it's ironic that the one person who rivals me in terms of Kido is in the final round and Captain Hageshi… I suppose the Captain of Eleventh Division is an expected result at this stage as well. I’d like to tell them to bring their all, nothing less than their one hundred percent effort.”

The Interview is concluded, however, Tenzen realized he babled on more than he would have liked to, being around Yasu for one hundred years causes him to be chatty when interacting with her. Realizing this he returns to his silence to go stand before the Captain Commander for the next phase of these trivial games.

Rising Spirits

“Good Luck.”

Those are the only words spoken from the Commander before the three finalists are whisked away to Sokyoku Hill. Once there they are hit with silence, the sound of the crowds vanish instantly. This silence is nothing compared to that of the Muken, this one is more peaceful, enough to put a smile on Tenzen’s face even.

“Maybe I’m saying this to quell my own nerves, but… at the end of the day, this really is all just a game, isn’t it…”

His attention falls onto the Captain of the Fourth Division who breaks the silence between the three of them.

“Yet I feel for the first time...”

Eternal Resolve

He rapidly draws his blade pointing it directly ahead of him. A maddening grin returns to Tenzen’s face, Nakamoto’s spirit starts to boil his own warrior blood.

“... even against two of the Gotei 13's greatest strengths... where everyone else should be afraid…”

a8d88852132c1aa3c7abdc2f7a84dad5.png

Such fire and ambition from him, much more since the last time he saw him in a combative situation where he was cut down by the Phantom without putting up so much as a defense. This change is good, someone who rivals him should have this sort of spirit!

“This is the best day a’ my life!”

807e21c66871c024e8578c447ff7da1b.png

The spirit of Captain Hageshi was alight with the flame of combat as well, but this is to be expected as the captain of a battle crazed division. She leads the Seireitei’s most hardened warriors, warriors who do not fear death and only live for the thrill of fighting!

d56c0e2aa38b409138a52f50f30ae81f.png

Tenzen’s facial expression is warped by all this energy surrounding him, but it quickly returns to normal as he says with a smile...

An Unforeseen Outcome?

”I forfeit!”

Silence washes over the Rukongai and even the Oda Manor. Was their spirits so great that it forced him into submission!? No, nothing of the sort, he wants nothing more than to fight with them tooth and nail, however, there are other things he needs to do, more important than competing in these games.

”You two are great warriors and exceptional healers. To be honest for me to put either one of you down for the count I’d need my Bankai and I’m not going to use something like that on my allies. Captain Nakumoto, keep that confidence, should time permit it we can have a duel of Kido during less troubling times. Same for you Captain Hageshi, should you wish to cross blades with me feel free to find me at Fifth Division.”

He waves and turns his back to begin walking away from both of them, but stops for a moment.

”No offense to you Captain Hageshi, but I have my bet on Captain Nakamoto coming out of your fight as the victor. See ya.”

Why did Tenzen not say something sooner? He could have said this in the Rukongai. Simple, because he was placed on Sokyoku Hill he was, by proxy, placed close to his Barracks as a result. After speaking to the two finalists he vanishes with Shunpo towards his barracks where Fifth Division will have a lot to answer for.

To 5th Division Barrracks ---------->
c98ffb8ee5bac369f19c48afce2d8b2e.png

Tatsu

fdb159f602f4a71f8b2fcd4a33bd18f8.png

8ef163da16d41fb1df3c6aa967fb9dd1.png

Omoni is promptly sitting across from her as Yasu begins her questions, flipping the first card in between her fingers as the Ninth Division captain awaits for the Titaness to answer.

“Congratulations on your advancement. Have you learned anything while fighting those that you’ve just faced?”

" Huh..I spose' I learned you got a crazy hollow inside a' ya! It was a ton a' fun ta' fight it and I wanna do it again! One on one you n' me! Can't get enough of it Su, we gotta fight every day now!"

Yasu laughs and tilts her head slightly. Her fellow captain was truly behind the times if she had just learned of the mask that has plagued her for well over a century, but the lack of knowledge is quickly suppressed with proclamations of wanting one-on-ones. Yasu sweats and clears her throat when Omoni continues--

" Also learned that I got a long way ta' go as a Captain. Never knew what it meant to be one n' I still don't now but when I fought Ikari I realized that it's gonna be important to spend more time with the members a' my division n' ta' get ta' know 'em better so when the time comes there ain't mistrust. I like ta' be alone so much I fergot' there's other people around me."

Omoni had quite literally two weeks in terms of preparation for both her division and the games. She was the newest captain, and being subjected to the wily change and the demands of the Captain-Commander simultaneously would be overwhelming even for someone like Omoni. Yasu continues with her questions--

“The title of Kenpachi is truly a vicious one. If you were to win the Games, what kind of response do you imagine the viewers to have?”

" Way I figure, if I get it then I'll never run outta' opponents! People r' gonna come find me just so they can try ta' beat me! That's better than goin' out ta' hunt for 'em myself."

Truly a response that anyone could account for and Yasu can only let a rather soft exhale through her nose. She never understood the thrive for the fight the way that Omoni and those like her craved it, but she supposed that was one of the most interesting points about them. The final question has been reached, and Omoni’s expression turns completely serious.

"Do you have any words towards your opponents for the final round?”

" Don't hold back. "

Yasu’s expression is rather calm, but she was more than glad not to have to participate in the games any further than she already has. It was a given courtesy, after all. Being exempted was a luxury, but if she were the only Captain to not have participated, rumors surely would have circulated in that regard. The cameras turn to Yasu and they find that she’d cleaned up and was given another shihakusho and her weighted vest had returned back to its place, snuggly hugging her torso.

"Subarashii! I hope you guys enjoyed the Rukongai fight as much as I did. Though it was most unfortunate of Shinotori Hitsugaya’s casualties, he jumped into the fray knowing the of the dangers, and for that, we can only admire his senseless ability to put himself in danger for entertainment purposes… But it should serve well to show that you should be aware of your own limits, or else you’ll follow right in his footsteps."

It was a rather dark tone to have ended the interview on, but Yasu had no choice. It seemed as though the viewers were too attuned to the theatrics when the crushing reality of death finally settles with them. With the first round of the games coming to an end, the Gotei Thirteen can only be thankful for this single casualty of all three groups.

The secondary group that occupied the Valley of Screams has just returned, and with the guides of the Ninth Division, they lead the victor, Yu Nakamoto, to his seat before the camera, and she stifles a laugh as he oozes the uncomfortable air around him just as he once had in his pre-game interview. Clearing her throat, Yasu begins--

“Not really…”

Yasu blinks, staring at her friend, only for him to make a motion for her to continue. For a second she thought that she was speaking to Kyomu with as short of an answer as he provided. Regardless, she mutters a quiet apology and resumes--

“I really didn’t think I’d get this far, to be honest.”

She raises a brow but says nothing as he continues--

“Just don’t heckle me, please.”

Being able to make a joke after fighting as intensely as he did against Honoka Oki and Nibui Ueki brought peace of mind to Yasu, and in turn, the crowd laughs along with Yu to his gentle attempt to lighten his own mood. She appreciates it and turns the card to the final question--

“I’ll do my best! Please bring yours too.”

An utter of good luck and Yu Nakamoto leaves the tent, allowing a small window of a grace period for Yasu to peel away at candy wrappers and stuff her face. She awaits the call for the Muken match when the rustling of the tent opening shows Tenzen Oda, who immediately shows a distaste for the setting he is currently in. Unfortunately for him, he’d have to endure for just a bit.

Yasu wastes no time, giving her fellow captain the courtesy of getting these questions out of the way for him to answer as leisurely as he pleases. She’d tortured him enough in the pre-game interview--

”I… Uhh… Hmm… Kyomu is everywhere and nowhere all at once. Then there is a chance I could pay more attention to my sword skills as well.”

Yasu nods, her mind racing far back to her years as Kyomu Mukuro’s lieutenant and the number of jumpscares and near heart attacks she suffered from his ghostly being; though disappointed that it was not him who came out as a victor, she understood more than anyone the type of man that Kyomu was, and becoming Kenpachi had never been on his agenda. A man of quiet and bloody duty, he had always done what was necessary, nothing more, nothing less. When Tenzen admits his faults, she isn’t surprised, knowing very well of his directness and fearlessness of truth. Perhaps this is why he was able to reach his current state of Nirvana among other instances.

”It’s what everyone would expect right? I am an Oda, we are a warrior clan, becoming Kenpachi is the expected result.”

Yasu only nods, moving on to the next question without any thought--

”Oh yeah, who is going to the next round?”

Yasu observes as Tenzen turns to see the faces of both Omoni Hageshi and Yu Nakamoto flashing, the third slot holding his own image. He answers his own question and continues with his response--

”Ah, it's ironic that the one person who rivals me in terms of Kido is in the final round and Captain Hageshi… I suppose the Captain of Eleventh Division is an expected result at this stage as well. I’d like to tell them to bring their all, nothing less than their one hundred percent effort.”

The final post-game interviews have come to a conclusion, and with that, Yasu leaves her chair and moves up to the stage where the Captain-Commander sits just behind, observing everywhere, everything, all at once. With the microphone in hand, the captain idly awaits as all three finalists take their positions and she turns to look at the Captain-Commander, microphone held out towards him after asking--

"Sou-Taichou, do you have any words for our finalists?”

“Good Luck.”

In whirlwinds of air, the three captains have been released to the wild, their final stage set on Sokyoku Hill. Yasu raises the microphone to her lips and lets out a rather maniacal laugh as the final round commences with just a single word from Higen Kagayaki. She catches the attention of those surrounding the stage and with all of the cameras on a split-screen in between her and Sokyoku Hill, even those members of the Ninth Division casting Tenteikura towards Yasu's direction, everyone would hear her, from the Shinigami currently residing in the Seireitei to the most dastardly soul in the farthest reaches of all four of the 80th districts and everything in between. She had the stage, and by god was she going to abuse it.

"Ladies and gentlemen, far and wide, feast your eyes on the final spectacle of the Kenpachi Games hosted by yours truly. After three grueling matches, the victors of each group have come up to be:

For those within viewing distance, a large screen would appear behind her and flicked through images of each respective captain as she called them out, one by one--

"Captain Yu Nakamoto of the Fourth Division.”
8726c9006e3fac6c7aa0a9481a8117ca.png

"Captain Omoni Hageshi of the Eleventh Division.”
807e21c66871c024e8578c447ff7da1b.png

"Captain Tenzen Oda of the Fifth Division.”
d56c0e2aa38b409138a52f50f30ae81f.png

The roar of the crowd causes the ground beneath her to rumble from the sheer excitement of the viewers and Yasu basks in the attention, though waits for the crowd to settle just enough before she continues her performance.

"The Kido Prince, the Titaness, the Mad Buddha, all in one. We can only wonder who will prevail and ultimately carry the heavy title that these games were made for -- the title of KENPACHI."

Such intensity, such dramatics, the theatrics were just devastating but she loved each and every second that she had the attention on her and that only fueled her more and more. The screen focuses on Sokyoku Hill as all combatants are ready for--

”I forfeit!”

Illustration1593.png

"Maji...ka?" (マジ, "Seriously")

Tenzen Oda's sudden forfeit causes the crowd to go silent, the sound of wind rustling through the area being the only thing to make a sound... And then there is a burst of both anger and confusion from viewers, as well as the victorious shouts from those making bets, especially at the polling station. She had hoped Shusuke was there to quell the rambunctious crowd after having given his small coverage over the Muken fight. Regardless, Yasu had recovered quickly as Tenzen parts, though not before saying his own predictions regarding the outcome of the two competitors he had just left.

"Now, now, everyone. I think we were all surprised by Captain Oda's sudden decision, but coming from someone who likes to see some drama, that twist was something that I'd never thought I'd see him pull! It is most unfortunate that we can no longer observe Captain Oda, but he was rather cheeky with his announcement regarding his fellow Kido master. We are now left with two captains -- Oh, yeah remember that drama I mentioned? Get this--

Yasu waves her hands as the screen once more splits into two, showing the images of both Yu and Omoni before she continues.

"In the final round, two prominent shinigami are facing one another to be deemed Kenpachi, the strongest in all of the Seireitei. If you haven't kept up with the times, Omoni Hageshi has just recently become a Captain herself, and where exactly did she hail from prior to her promotion? Whyyyyy none other than Fourth Division, acting as Captain Nakamoto's lieutenant at that! Tell me this isn't a fated battle!"

Yasu gnaws at the hem of her haori, pulling at it with her teeth at just how juicy this match-up really was before she continued.

"Although his senior by many centuries, Omoni Hageshi is renowned for being the former Eleventh Division lieutenant before passing the torch to Nibui Ueki, who in turn, has just recently reclaimed that position. However, as young as he may be, Yu Nakamoto is a shinigami of untold riches and skill. A benevolent healer that is adored throughout the Seireitei, even though he has his limits. Can Captain Hageshi push her former superior to that limit? Will Captain Nakamoto obstruct the title that his former ward desires so? It's too intense, and I can't take it. I'm sure the viewers and listeners can't either! Place your bets, get your snacks, take your seats, and watch these two powerhouses fly!"

Sokyoku Hill has seen many things. Just what else will these two do for it to witness on these Sacred Grounds?

8ef163da16d41fb1df3c6aa967fb9dd1.png

GhostSnake

Administrator
Staff member

1653440268211.png

1653440282449.png

One moment he had been standing on the sidelines as Captain Oda sheds the monster's skin. disarming the drunken swordsman...literally and securing his blade, his zanpakuto. While the Phantom has left the matter of investigating the swordsman in Tenzen's capable hands he does not miss the dialogue between the two, specifically that he was meant to claim his life. While the Captain appears relatively unfazed, in his mind the image of Honoka appears. Did he believe the "Lady" Suiyo referred to was her?
No

Suiyo had laid eyes on Honoka prior to the matches being announced, the drunk having no real reaction to her, as though the two were strangers to one another. That only left the old lady, though....he hardly saw Honoka being opposed to the idea of his demise. Kyomu quiets his thoughts, proceeding to end this façade of a game, this blood sport for the cowardly and the weak by way of his surrender almost triggering a storm, a whirlwind sweeping the prison clean of its three temporary guests. The three that had been surrounded by darkness, now emerge within the Rukongai back were it all began. With their return it seems the series of events has begun to catch up to the Oda as he seems to fall, spared from the collision with the ground by way of members of the Kido Corps, catching him just in time. Members of the Corps tend to the Captain, while also handling the detained Suiyo. It seems the Buddha would be alright, though before he can get back to something more deserving of his time he is accosted by his former subordinate, now peer. Looking at her she seemed none worst for wear. That was good. She had survived, so he'd indulge her...one more time today.

“As a Captain, do you feel as though you’ve gained anything from your participation?”

Kyomu's eyes shift over towards Tenzen or rather the area he's at as he is by now encircled by his Corps. then shifting towards where the Rukon Swordsman was, his gaze drifting back to land on Yasu.

"No, I've only lost something. My time."

He answers honestly, not as a sleight against his opponents as they were both more than formidable. Regrettably, the admiration of their abilities is overshadowed by his disinterest in the games in their entirety. Captain Yugure scribbles his response down, nodding her head in understanding, proceeding on to her next question.

“Did you find your competition surprising or difficult to go against?”

"There were some...surprises I suppose. That's it."

Again he seems almost dismissive of his competition, noting only that there were some surprises but nothing more. He wonders as he had done before the games, how many more questions he'd have to entertain before his former protégé was satisfied.

“Of the final three contestants, who do you imagine will claim the title of Kenpachi?”

"I don't know, nor do I particularly care. Are we almost done?"

It becomes clear that her mentor's patience was growing thin at an accelerate rate. She scribbles down this response as she had done the others. She decides to finally wrap things up, and bring the post game interview to a close with the final question.

“Do you have any parting words for anyone watching the Games?”

The last question, one where his response is meant to be geared towards the audience directly rather to Yasu the interviewer. Kyomu grows silent, as if he was deep in thought and truly contemplating the answer, some genuine response. He breaks his eyes away from Yasu and begins walking away.
1653445744373.png

"No"

He finally answers, the emblem of second division emblazoned upon the back of his haori, fluttering in the air. He slowly distances himself from Yasu as she moves to pester Tenzen, from the bound Suiyo, from the gathered crowd of spectators and gamblers. He ventures further away, deeper into the more rural areas of the district, trees, bushes and vegetation becoming more apparent. Its only when he is away from the crowd, away from people the noises distant, inaudible to him that the Captain comes to a stop.

"Come out"

He speaks to no one in particular. The trees rustle as a shadow descends from the cover of shadows and leaves.
1653446192886.png

"SIR!"

The agent of the Stealth Force takes a knee. Like many of his peers his face is covered, removing his sense of individuality, denying him any semblance of an identity. He is a tool to be wielded by his Captain, a cog in the machine that is the Onmitsukido.

"Report"

Kyomu orders the man to speak. Given how long he's been away, he needed to be apprised of the situation, on anything and everything he has missed.

"Himari and Oyama sparred per your orders. During the match Himari gained the upper hand, her final attack was blocked by your contingency. The two separated with Himari heading towards the Thirteenth Division, Oyama headed towards the Rukongai, saying she was going to investigate that Suiyo person you faced sir."

Kyomu listens to the details of the report, hearing that Himari actually appeared to have fangs and claws was pleasantly surprising. It seems he might be able to sharpen her into something yet. He wondered however why she was going to the Thirteenth, he'd be sure to hear the details from her soon. He is caught by yet another surprise when he is informed that Oyama had remained vigilant of the games and was taking the initiative to investigate the very man Tenzen was investigating. Perhaps she had learned something that might be of use to Captain Oda.

"What has she uncovered so far?"

Curious towards the depth of her investigation and just how much she has potentially found out, Kyomu inquires about her findings, but...instead of a response, the agent has grown silent. His silence does not go unnoticed, and Kyomu will not allow him to keep it a second longer.

"I said speak. What. Has. She uncovered?"

Despite his head and eyes being lowered, staring at the ground and the Captain's shadow he tightens his rasp on his bent knee. The faceless agent takes a breath before he musters up a response.

"Oyama arrived at the Rukongai where she ran into Signy of Squad Seven. At first it appeared as if the two would clash but..then it seems things settled as they began to converse. As of now, she...has not actually begun her investigation.."

Kyomu has shifted from being impressed, to being disappointed. An ominous glow reflected in his amber hues, his face obscured in shadow. The Captain's shadow passes over the kneeling agent as Kyomu passes by him.

"Have Oyama return to the barracks."

He says nothing further as he make his way back towards the Second Division. He didn't pay any attention to the final match of the games, and for now remains ignorant of Tenzen's surrender. The games were coming to a close far faster than perhaps expected. Kyomu hopes to never have to suffer through such a tiresome thing again.

1653440286674.png

[From Rukongai to Southeast Seireitei; Second Division Barracks]

WinterHoshi

f1e93820cd1da35b3583eb3bdb1f5798.png

0925120304f08cfa13f9cbf6cdad3741.png

Signy froze as the question about their mother left Oyama’s lips. Hotaru was a subject that was greatly avoided in their household, even by their father. Her amber eyes shifted to Risa for a moment before she turned away from them both, debating what to say. She could let Shori take the reigns and handle this but clearly Shori had also done her best to shelter Oyama from the truth about their mother. If Oyama and Furia were to get any actual answers, they would have to come from Signy.

”Fuck…

Her hands slowly clenched into fits as the memory of water filling her lungs washed over her. She was the oldest. She was the one that’s supposed to carry the family burdens on her shoulders. That included this, but as she opened her mouth to speak once more, the pressure in her chest reached a tipping point. Her control was faltering. However, before her control could fail, her body tensed up as her eyes faded to lavender and inky blue spread down her blonde locks.

”Hotaru was a monster. She destroyed Signy, and she would have done the same to you. Both of you!”

Shori turned back to them, her face far more serious than it’d ever been in either of their lifetimes. Deep inside the recesses of their mind, Signy raged like an erupting volcano.

”You both should get back to work. I’m sure your captain will have work for you now that he’s dropped out of the games, Oyama.”

Before either of them could say anything, Shori walked away from them, heading back toward where 9th division was conducting interviews.

Not many were gathered to be interviewed by Jatiri so Shori didn’t have to wait long to put in her two cents about everything.
"The first round of the Kenpachi Games are coming to an end! Were you rooting for anyone in particular?"

Shori thought it over for a moment, she was well aware of who Signy had been rooting for, but she wasn’t certain she wanted to say all of them.

”I was definitely rooting for Yasu, Hiroka, and Omoni. Unfortunately, they all got paired up against each other. Made it a bit difficult to root for all three.”

Shori chuckled softly at her own predicament of whom she’d been rooting for.

"Are you disappointed/elated because of that?"

Shori gently tapped her finger against her chin.

”Definitely disappointed. Would have preferred to see all three in round two of the games.”

"Have the games caused you to realize anything after watching the strongest of the Gotei Thirteen?"

Her eyes shifted to amber as she smirked at the question.

”Realized that I should have joined the games. They looked like fun.”

"Will you be looking forward to the prospective Shinigami that may be coming through due to the influence of the Games?"

”Who wouldn’t be looking forward to new members amongst our ranks? Even without the games, we could always use more capable Shinigami.”

"Do you you have any words to share to our participants?"

”Hope you enjoy the cart of candy, Yasu, and kick the Oda’s ass, Captain Hageshi”

As she turned to leave, her eyes shifted to lavender once more. It’s about time that Shori gets see her husband. With that in mind, she hurried out of the tent and heads towards the spot they’d been observing the games from.

Shori strolled up behind Elk and slid down to be seated beside him. She gently slid her hand into his and gazed over at him. She wanted to tell him how much she loved him, but only one thought could come out of her mouth.

”I’m going to transfer divisions. I’m going to find mother and finish what I started before Oyama was born. This time, we won’t fail.”

Last edited:

Frog

1653547411168.png

1653547425339.png

“Wh-?!"

The Captain's whole body relaxes with an exclamation of confusion when Nibui announces his forfeit from the competition. Unbeknownst to Nibui, the Captain believes he is incapable of overpowering the Lieutenant and just maybe, that might be true, but power is not all that dictates the flow and triumph in combat. Similarly, Nibui believes that Yū is not someone he can overcome at the moment. This bout between the two will serve to teach both Shinigami valuable lessons. Yū should learn that his versatility and ingenuity are more than enough to overcome raw power, his destructive feats are not what gave rise to his Captaincy. That lesson is the same one that Nibui should be learning, while his mastery of the blade is among the greatest of the Gotei Thirteen, he is still lacking, but he is more than aware of his improvements and how else to grow.

Just as the two exchange glances, one of confusion and the other of understanding, a familiar breeze passes through the barren wasteland only to erupt in the same cyclone that transported the three combatants to this battleground. His vision is whisked away as his hair and clothes whip violently within the storm. Silence is replaced by raucous cheering, there is no sign of its decline either. It seems that since their departure, the excitement has only grown greater and with the main event on the horizon, there is certainly no room left for anything but celebrations from the crowds.
1653547522422.png

Vision fades from white to colours and his feet come to rest on firm ground as Nibui looks around him to see the same section of the Rukongai that was transformed for this event. His focus is quickly taken by the medics of the Fourth Division who swoop in to haul away the wounded Oki. His eyes trail the group as they work quickly towards a medical tent for treatment of the combatants and his attention is only swayed once Yū speaks out to him.

“You can go with them if you’d like.”

The Lieutenant meets the Captain's eyes and offers a slight but familiar warm smile. In the past it would have been impossible to find the Lieutenant smiling and while rare today, the Fairy is one of the few to catch that sight on multiple occasions. His mood has clearly shifted from the serious demeanor he kept not just a minute ago. The Captain turns away to face an approaching additional member of his own division. Rather quickly to Nibui it is clear that Yū is avoiding him as not even a goodbye is spoken, but it doesn’t matter in the end. Before the Captain can be given the incoming report he finds Nibui's hand clutching his shoulder from behind, a soft squeeze pressing against him.

"Don't go and die on me, Yū."

His words were genuine as per usual, not a lie leaves his lips. He didn't expect a response from Yū, his goal was set and he had other things at hand, but still Nibui felt the need to let his friend know what he was thinking. His hand loosens and slips away from the Captain's shoulder and he turns away to follow after the group that had hauled away Honoka. He begins to move and stops briefly as the words of the Fourth Division Shinigami reach his ears as well.

“Captain, reserves from the Fourth Division are being called upon to be deployed to Naruki City immediately. I was unable to notify you sooner, but Officer Kaisou is heading there as we speak, accompanied by a much taller Shinigami."

His smile is short lived. The news was certainly worrying. Before the games had begun, he had received a request from Shizuka Hyouzoku to meet about something in Naruki, could the information Shizuka had access to have been what brought about this urgency? Perhaps he should have answered the call? No, it's fine, the message was addressed to both Lieutenants of Eleventh, so whatever the event may be, it is in good hands. Even so he he cannot help but contemplate the situation.

"At the bare minimum there are two Lieutenant's present, there are likely others around as well. Even if they are injured I can't see them both falling. It's fine."
1653547522422.png

His hand lands gently on the flap of the medical tent and as he is about to pull open the entrance to check on Honoka, a voice calls out to the Lieutenant. Nibui turns to face the source of the voice and finds someone he has never met. A blank stare meets a blank stare.

“Greetings, Lieutenant Nibui. Congratulations on your matches.”

A nod of appreciation meets the congratulations and for the moment he remains silent, assuming that the man is not yet done.

“I was wondering for her well-being first and foremost, but I am here to escort her back to the third division barracks when she is able to move on her own.”

Again the man speaks without emotion, not a hint of it peaking through. out past the cold exterior. Even for Nibui, it’s almost disturbing to watch the automaton talk of retrieving his wounded comrade as though it were simply another task. That moment is when the difference between the two becomes clear to Nibui. The Lieutenant's stare comes from his blunt nature, he is as honest as possible and at this moment, he is neither happy nor sad. This man is almost robotic. His stare and voice are void of any emotion or attempt at emotion. This is just another chore like the rest. A quiet sigh escapes Nibui before he begins to speak.

“Of course, she’s just in here.”

He pulls open the cloth opening of the medical tent and steps within, motioning Zhou to follow him as he continues…

“You’re a strange one, but I suppose I can’t say much. Stick around and have a chat while the medics work.”

Within the confines of the tent, Nibui pulls up a small stool and takes a seat before pulling another close and gesturing at it for the Third Division member to take a seat. Meanwhile his attention is almost entirely taken by recovering Honoka. The lack of urgency that Captain Nakamoto had about the condition of the Oki allowed Nibui to relax, it is clear that the Captain believes the care of the assigned Fourth Division members is sufficient. Still his worries do not vanish, Honoka is a dear friend and it is only natural for this to be Nibui's reaction. He watches the medics work away, the process of Honoka's restoration is something that is entirely foreign to him and still he refuses to pull his gaze away.

“Have you been enjoyi-”

A question is interrupted by a dull vibration in his pocket. The Lieutenant reaches a hand into his pocket and pulls out his Denreishinki X to see just who is calling for his attention. Unfortunately he is greeted by a grim message from his Fourth Seat, Hiroka.
"Lieutenant Ueki. I have just retrieved Third Seat Takahiro from Naruki. He is in critical condition. I have reached out to Fourth to administer healing as soon as possible. I could not locate Lieutenant Ueku. I only found traces of his spiritual energy when recovering Shoumetsu but he was nowhere to be seen. I’m unsure if he has returned to the Soul Society or not. I’m going to wait for medics to arrive and then head back to the barracks. Shiro Kashitoji reported to me the situation in the World of the Living and I intend to see if there’s anything else he knows prior to my arrival."

His heart sinks at the mention of his Co-Lieutenant’s disappearance. So it seems his initial worries were warranted. Slowly his clutch on the Denreishinki X tightens, threatening to crush the device but never quite reaching the point of damaging it. He stores the Denreishinki X away and stands himself up slowly. Even now his sight does not leave Honoka, but he must.

"Hey, sorry but I have to leave, maybe we can talk another time. Don't leave her side until she gets back up. Tell her I'll talk to her soon."

He speaks to Zhou without giving him even a glance. At this point it is clear that the Lieutenant is in no mood for talking. His hand tightens down against the sheath of Jubokko, his knuckles turn white, a contrast of crimson begins to seep between his fingers. In this very moment, he strains to hold his emotions from taking hold, his emotions and the Reiryoku that bubbles beneath, pressing to be released. Swiftly he makes his way out of the medical tent and begins to make his way towards the Eleventh Division barracks. Only to be interrupted.
1653547522422.png

"Lieutenant Ueki! You're up for your interview, come with me!"

A young Ninth Shinigami finds the Lieutenant and begins dragging him towards the tent where his interview is to be held. For a second, the young Shinigami struggles to move, their efforts bringing them no closer to the tent and then suddenly they find themselves being the ones dragged. In a moments notice the two are at the interview center. The Ninth member releases their shakey grip and drops to their knees in shock as the Lieutenant hurriedly makes their way inside the tent.

He is the first to speak.

"Let’s do this quickly. I don't have time for this right now."

The tension in the air is enough for the operators of the set up to nod in agreement as sweat begins to drip down their faces. Nibui brings himself before a familiar camera and stares at it dead center, a slight but present scowl on his face. Kazumi begins to speak.

“As a Lieutenant, do you feel as though you’ve gained anything from your participation?”

There is barely a pause between Kazumi's question and Nibui's response. He knows what he has learned without a doubt and everyone knows he is in a rush at this point.

"I've learned that I still have a lot to improve on and I've gained a different kind of respect for Captain Nakamoto."

His foot begins tapping against the floor as he answers honestly. It is true that he knows where to improve, the question is simply if he will get the chance to. As for his mention of Yū, he has always held respect for the Captain but this time it is respect for his strength, not simply for the person.

“Did you find your competition surprising or difficult to go against?”

"No, this sort of thing should be expected."

His foot rap against the floor, it is clear that he is growing more and more impatient by the second but even still, he must maintain his composure.

“Of the final three contestants, who do you imagine will claim the title of Kenpachi?”

This question briefly stumps the Lieutenant, between the remaining contestants he doesn’t really have any prediction. The combatants are all powerhouses in their own rights. But an answer is needed.

"Honestly it's a toss up. They're all amazing."

He hopes that the questions are done once and for all, a couple of minutes begins to feel like hours to Nibui as his impatience takes hold. He almost deflates as Kazumi's final question is uttered.

“Do you have any parting words for anyone watching the Games?”

Again he pauses. What is there to say? All that has to be said has been said. He digests the question for a moment, pondering on what to say, what could he possibly tell the spectators that would do any good or be entertaining?

"Uhhhm… Enjoy?"

He questions his words as he speaks them but soon follows them up with a subtle bow of the head. Once he got the go-ahead, he was gone. As though he had not even fought, Nibui vanishes from the Rukongai in a burst of speed, his destination,

Northwest Seireitei, Eleventh Division barracks.
1653547522422.png

Rukongai 》》》Northwest Seireitei
1653547522422.png

1653547425339.png